YD Scuba Diving Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,739 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Imported post

I dive in Gran Canaria several times a year as I have a timeshare near Puerto Rico (well I have to spend my profits from YD somewhere!!!).

I dive with Scubasur Dive Centre and the diving is superb. I have posted a dive report Here - they have just taken over another diver centre in Puerto Rico called Top Diving.

If you plan to go to Gran Canaria, then you won't go wrong with either.

Regards

·
Registered
275 Posts
Imported post

Time share eh? cool.... sounds like a good place to dive, and I like to hear from other divers that can recommend a dive center! makes life so easy..
Dive safe,
Eddie...

(Edited by Eddie at 9:39 pm on June 29, 2002)

·
Registered
2,773 Posts
Imported post

Hope that you  come to Tenerife when you are down this way again. I´ll pick you up at the ferry in Santa Cruz and you can stay at our place. I´ll give you a run around on my rib to my fave divesites .

·
Registered
3,914 Posts
Imported post

Somebody is going to have a lot of new mates pretty soon with an offer like that!
I've been led to believe that the Canaries suffer from some heavy pounding by the Atlantic in winter months, can you provide some first-hand info/experiences?
Regards
Steve W

·
Registered
2,773 Posts
Imported post

Hi Steve
The hevy pounding only affects the north of the Islands. Because the the tradewinds become a bit unstable in the winter but that is only a few days a year. In general the see gets quieter in the winter and there is a lot less wind.
The " pounding " as you call it is due to storms in the area of the Azores and we down here get the swel from just those storms. As we live in the south we are not affected by them. Hope that helps
Michael

1 - 5 of 5 Posts