YD Scuba Diving Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Stability - in an ever spinning world
1,080 Posts
Imported post

<font color='#FF0000'>wile i was diving in thailand having a wounderfull few mounths,
when one day wile we were anckerd behind a little out crop of rocks in open water at least a good 4/5 hours from main land.
there i was sitting on the dive deck when a very pale Japenis man with apssalute terror on this face grabed the dive platform and asked me if this was his boat? i said it was'nt and i helped the poor man aboard,he was wearing a life jacket and snorkleing gire.....it turns out the man was on a jap snorkleing tour he was happerly watching little fishes for a wile then when he looked up his boat had gone he was wearing the life jacket becuase he counld'nt swim and had been cliging to the rocks for hours....
a very lucky man we only stopped there to get out of the bad weather for a few hours
we sent a message saying we had found this man but it appered that no one knew he was missing he was traveling alone and just taged on to make up numbers for his boat..
i dont know about any one else..but i cant think of any thing i would find more scarry

narked at 90

·
Lucky Man
2,163 Posts
Imported post

Yikes! Those are two scary stories.

I thought I was in for a long float / watery end once, after surfacing off the Farnes to find no sign of the boat. Was only floating for 20 mins maybe, and I had my buddy with me, but found it amazing and frightening how quickly the "oh effin effin shite" feeling starts trying to take over. Turns from mildly amusing to totally not in no time.  

As a direct result I now have an EPIRB (emergency beacon), and take it on every sea dive I do. Peace of mind. Personally I think everyone should get one....

Dave.

·
Registered
263 Posts
Imported post

[b said:
Quote[/b] (luke284 @ April 29 2004,17:26)]Link
how could they not have realised he was missing!!
Perhaps they didn't like him !
It reminds me of that film where two divers get left behind in the middle of the ocean, anybody seen that yet ?

·
I'm back.
543 Posts
Imported post

Sound like he was lucky to be spotted, no mention of SMB or flags or anything.  Im never going out without something shiney and bright that I can wave about!  (Or my mobile in a waterproof box!!!)

·
Registered
330 Posts
Imported post

[b said:
Quote[/b] (dave archer @ April 29 2004,20:46)]As a direct result I now have an EPIRB (emergency beacon), and take it on every sea dive I do. Peace of mind. Personally I think everyone should get one....

Dave.
<font color='#810541'>Hi Dave can you tell me how much they cost and a bit more about them as it sounds a good idear .thanks Fioan.

·
Banned
7,008 Posts
Imported post

<font color='#8D38C9'>woz (i think) got some a while back

there is a thread somewhere with prices I did have a PM with the details but I can't find it now

1 - 9 of 9 Posts