YD Scuba Diving Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Imported post

<font color='#0000FF'>Hows this for a result then ?

Bought my Stinger a couple of years back, dived it a lot but earlier this year needed to get the battery changed, especially as it was coming with me to Bermuda for 6 months. So, off to my local shop (Croxley Divers) in January where a new battery was duly fitted - no problem thought I, lovely job, thanks vey much lads.

Now, picture the scene some 5 months later when having got back on the boat I take a glance at the thing and notice that I am, apparently at 540 feet and counting ! (not for long as it all wnet blank after that  
) Got back home, played with it a bit, found the bezel would unscrew with finger pressure and a few drops of the Atlantic dropped out - that's buggered then thought I - though I cheered up a bit when the misses bought a Mosquito a couple of days later to replace it!

Anyway, back to the UK last week, back to the LDS, explained that they had done the battery a few months back - they said of course they pressure test these things after those jobs but they would send it back to Suunto for an opinion.

Upshot is - 3 days later they call and tell me they have got a brand new Stinger to replace it - result  
 So thank you Suunto and Croxley Divers - wish this sort of service was commonplace across the industry !

The Stinger is now, however, surplus to requirements so if anyone wants it, it's for sale, boxed with instructions together with the Dive Manager software in the personal ads section.

Paul

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.