YD Scuba Diving Forums banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
513 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,
I mentioned a while bak that i would be taking on the Great North Run again this year and i am doing it for the Motor Neurone Disease Association and in memory of Chris Hall. I have spoken via email with Liz Hall some time ago and she is very happy for me to do this. I know its not until 30th September but the training has started and i want to start the sponsor hunting now. I have set a target of £300 and hope this can be well achieved. I know that i have not met many of you fellow YD face to face but i am sure you appreciate the reason for the selected charity. I have a sponsor page on the just giving site and would welcome any sponsor money. I will update the YD site with how the training and sponsorship is going.
The site is Justgiving - Fighting MND - In Memory Of Chris Hall
Thanks again
Lee

·
Extracting the Urine
4,056 Posts
How far is it?

·
Extracting the Urine
4,056 Posts
I will but i want pain per pound value:D :clock:

·
Extracting the Urine
4,056 Posts
He s only used to putting his hand in other peoples pockets:)
Listen beasyality boy at least my arms reach my pockets 25 quid with the money you have:teeth:

·
Registered
513 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
long way

Its 13miles, well slighlty over i think.
Did it last year in 2hrs and i was shagged but felt good to finish it and jsut thought this time i may as well put the pain to good use. £25 is great and i really appreciate it as i think it's a good cause and will help me get round the course. I got to the 10 mile mark last time and its true it feels like hitting a brick wall, i could have stopped and just cried.
Thanks again all of you and like i say will keep everyone upto date with everything.
Lee

·
Extracting the Urine
4,056 Posts
Boll*x, cards in briefcase in shop, will pledge tomorrow.

:embarassed: And after I've just poked Sparky, sorry mate.

Ah that old chestnut your not from manchester too are ya:teeth:

·
13.05.2012 QPRmageddon Day
1,948 Posts
diving_moose;702846 Did it last year in 2hrs and i was shagged Lee[/QUOTE said:
I thought you were bloody running:angry:
Where do I sign up??

·
Extracting the Urine
4,056 Posts
Its 13miles, well slighlty over i think.
Did it last year in 2hrs and i was shagged but felt good to finish it and jsut thought this time i may as well put the pain to good use. £25 is great and i really appreciate it as i think it's a good cause and will help me get round the course. I got to the 10 mile mark last time and its true it feels like hitting a brick wall, i could have stopped and just cried.
Thanks again all of you and like i say will keep everyone upto date with everything.
Lee
Ok then sliding scale of sponsorship for pain value

6 minute miles are the aim should take you 78 mins so rounded up to 80 minutes of pain for 80 quid.

7 minute miles are good but will only earn you 70 quid call it 92 mins

8 minute miles gets you 60 quid finish within 105 mins

9 minutes gets you 50 quid

10 minute miles are 40 quid

12 minute miles 30 quid

15 minute miles you pay me:teeth:

Why are you sat reading this run forest run

remember

IT'S ONLY PAIN

Sound fair?

·
Registered
513 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Well i will carry a print out of that with me and see what i can do, when i complete it i will come back to you and see how much i have gained from your pocket, if i have managed the 7 min miles it will be my parents collecting on my behalf and you can do the run the following year in memory of me.
Fair?:teeth:

·
Extracting the Urine
4,056 Posts
No problem at all just imagine your getting back to the nick for refs all coppers run faster then:teeth: Just pm me the amount i owe then i'll nick it from some old ladies before the goat says it:teeth:

·
Registered
513 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Your right i am just gonna practise at work be increasing the distance to the next doughnut shop. Bring on the 6 min miles.:angel:

·
Exiled in Scotland...
6,286 Posts
Well done Lee. Your a great guy for doing this. I gave up running years ago. I've chipped in a little cash. Keep reminding people at the end of the month and you'll raise loads, infact I can see you doubling the target.

Get you mits in your pockets people. Put you money where your mouth is....

Dave C

p.s. as is usual, I green people who give to this and other charities, so put YD in your message pls.

·
Registered
513 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Dave,
Thanks for the sponsor and appreciate it alot as will the charity.
lee

1 - 20 of 28 Posts