YD Scuba Diving Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Going down and loving it
831 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

Just finished chatting to my mum, she was telling me that a 1 ton great white caught of the the coast of northern Cyprus (She lives there) She is friends with the local news camera man so I am hoping to get some footage. Same about the shark though. I would of love has seen it swimming around this summer. I would if it has some friends :)

·
Notice my avatar. I am hard astern.
9,347 Posts
I had a Maltese tenant who decorated the walls of his flat with his own photographs of Great White fished out while he was on the island (Malta). There must have been photographs of a dozen different animals displayed.

·
Registered
1,476 Posts
I had a Maltese tenant who decorated the walls of his flat with his own photographs of Great White fished out while he was on the island (Malta). There must have been photographs of a dozen different animals displayed.
There used to be a small museum in Wied el-Zurreq (~15 years ago?) that had loads of shark jaws, all from fish caught in Maltese waters. They included several Great Whites...

Andrew

·
Registered
767 Posts
I always thought great whites were quite well known in the Med, but they tended to stay deep and were not often seen.
David.

·
Registered
138 Posts
I always thought great whites were quite well known in the Med, but they tended to stay deep and were not often seen.
David.
I watched a documentary about these in the Med. There is supposed to be a breeding ground in the Med somewhere off the coast of N Africa but as you say, they're always deep.

Sal

1 - 5 of 5 Posts