YD Scuba Diving Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

I had my HID 100 greenforce impact light for a long time, but for some reason, whenever I turn it on, it will flickering like trying to start up and then turns off. Has anybody had that problem? Is there a way to fix this?

Thanks for reading.

·
R.I.P.
5,709 Posts
mine started to fo this last year. I swapped batteries and it solved the problem. Worse case is a new bulb. My battery was 36 quid from Strikealight, but it's worth trying it on someone elses to see if it is the battery

·
Registered
3,823 Posts
Mine did this, particularily when the battery pack was cold or it was a few days since it had been charged. I got a new battery pack from stikealight - mine was £65 as it was an F2 pack - and it cured the problem. Like steve says, see if you can try someone elses battery first

·
Team Starburst
5,275 Posts
Battery

Your battery has a life of about four* years, a bit longer if you use a slow charger, avoid using a HID head, charge the battery immediately after use, and top up every month if not diving.

Just check that the contacts are clean, as striking up might struggle if dirty.

* I have an eight year old battery that holds charge for about 20 mins with my Impact HID, but great when using an LED head

·
Registered
214 Posts
I had a new head which developed the same fault and was replaced by the nice guys at Lumb Brothers under warrenty - I think it may have needed a new bulb but not too sure.

When my other halfs started doing this it turned out that the battery was on it's way out, so unless very recently charged there wasn't enough power to strike it up - could you borrow a battery to see if this is the problem?

·
Registered
351 Posts
it is very unlikely that it is your bulb as if it was it would not start up at all.as the other people have pointed out it sounds like your battery has not got enough power to start the head up,as it takes a lot of power initially to strike up the head and usually takes around 20 seconds to reach full power.it sounds like yours is cutting out before it can reach full power.as suggested try another battery if it still does it and there is a problem with the head send it back to me and i will have a look at it for you.if you need any further assistance or advice do not hesitate to contact me.

cheers
rob

1 - 7 of 7 Posts