YD Scuba Diving Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
1,773 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Imported post

Hi guys,

I'm a PADI AOW from Edinburgh checking in and saying hello. If you're ever up in my neck of the woods it'd be good to put some names to faces.

·
C-in-C the Amphibious Contingent
1,421 Posts
Imported post

Hi Gavin, nice to have you with us.  I'm from Glasgow, but not in a club - clubs and I do not mix.  It's a long story!  Keep blowing bubbles & be safe. :luxhello:  

·
Registered
12,240 Posts
Imported post

Hey Gavin,

Welcome aboard mate. The troop are organising another trip to St Abbs in the near future - you're more than welcome to join. Look forward to seeing you on the boards.

Cheers

·
Registered
1,786 Posts
Imported post

Hi Gavin

Welcome to our little home from home

I'm gonna be at Abbs this weekend no matter what... I was let down badly last Sunday and couldn't get anyone interested at the last moment and so spent all day Sunday sulking like a baby.. booohooo!

Hope to meet up and get wet real soon mate.

As there are a few sweaties on the board now it should be easier to get a load of YDers together more often, somewhere near the border... Abbs or the Farnes etc

Best Regards
Dave :biggrin:

·
1,773 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Imported post

I've got to come clean and tell you that I'm an Englishman up here after marrying a Scot.

Like Frog I haven't got a club but do dive with a bunch of Edinburgh guys and I also pop off to Oban now and then with the missus as buddy. Stress or what?

I'll be down in N Berwick next weekend both Sat and Sun unless England make the WC final.

I would dive more but Mrs Gavster is more interesting in sailing than diving and most of the guys I dive with are out on Friday nights in N Berwick which is a long way from sunny Glasgow.

If anybody either Glasgow (I work in Glasgow) or Edinburgh based fancy a pint and chat I'm always up for that.

·
C-in-C the Amphibious Contingent
1,421 Posts
Imported post

Where abouts in Glasgow do you work?  

·
1,773 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Imported post

SMG (Scottish Media Group) at the top of Renfield Street.

·
Premium Member
5,739 Posts
Imported post

Welcome aboard Gavin - its been a while since I've been in the fair city of Edinburgh (last time must have been 10 years ago, trying to beat the row off pubs behind Princess Street!).

May see you at St Abbs soonish if you are up for it.

Regards

·
1,773 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Imported post

When will the next Abbs trip be? Or is it still in the planning stage? If there's anything I can do to assist with this I'd be willing to lend a hand/fin.

·
Registered
1,121 Posts
Imported post

</span>
[b said:
Quote[/b] ]Quote: from Gavin Yates on 12:38 pm on June 18, 2002
I've got to come clean and tell you that I'm an Englishman up here after marrying a Scot.
<span =''>

Wotcha. I'm just a bloody colonial, also living in Edinburgh but getting married to an Irish lass though so guess I can almost be let off? :spank:

</span>
[b said:
Quote[/b] ]
Like Frog I haven't got a club but do dive with a bunch of Edinburgh guys and I also pop off to Oban now and then with the missus as buddy. Stress or what?
<span =''>

I do. <a href="http://www.tsac.org.uk

</span>
[b said:
Quote[/b] ]" target="_blank">http://www.tsac.org.uk

</a>
I'll be down in N Berwick next weekend both Sat and Sun unless England make the WC final.
<span =''>

Excellent. I've no plans for the weekend. Fancy a dip?

</span>
[b said:
Quote[/b] ]
is more interesting in sailing than diving and most of the guys I dive with are out on Friday nights in N Berwick which is a long way from sunny Glasgow.
<span =''>

Cool - dive boat sorted then... Craigleith,  The Lamb or Bass Rock? ;)

</span>
[b said:
Quote[/b] ]
If anybody either Glasgow (I work in Glasgow) or Edinburgh based fancy a pint and chat I'm always up for that.
<span =''>

Yeah, strokedom here I come. Drop me a mail and we'll sort something. [email protected]

(Edited by Driftwood at 8:18 pm on June 18, 2002)

·
1,773 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Imported post

Drift,

As for weekend 29/30 I'll see if we've got any rib space if we have then I'll mail you pronto and get you booked.

As for beer just mail us when you've got a spare one (not Thursdays) cos that's cricket night !!(I know)

Strange to hear that drinking beer makes you a "stroke" - shame really - I always thought that I was Drinkin' It Right.

See you soon

Gav

1 - 14 of 14 Posts