YD Scuba Diving Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Imported post

I am BSAC Dive Leader ,spoilt for choice 10 Mins from Belfast  Lough,30 mins from Strangford Lough[ we dive 52 weeks yr],2 hours from Rathlin , Donegal etc. Sure beats this Stoney Cove youse have to goto.
Anyone else from the "oul sod".
Sure I will learn a lot from you guys ,one thing ive learned is theres a lot more to learn.
Look forward to joining in.

·
Registered
12,240 Posts
Imported post

Hey BlueBoy,

Welcome aboard from the 'oul sod'.

Well, my folk are from a little 'further south', Kilkenny & Clair(no shock with a name like mine, right?), and yer man Jay (Heads Up) also hails from the Donegal coast area. Steve W also carries an Irish passport - though even he gets stopped by customs at Dublin airport due to his Newcastle brogue  
 Apparently, even the Garda can't fathom repsonses like:

"Me un wur lass divent narh ya didn't need passports, like"

and it sure as sh*t aint the Gaelic!  

Any way welcome aboard mate. We do have plans to do the wrecks off Donegal in the not too distant future, so (as with Bits) we will deffo hook-up with you to dive and benefit from your local knowledge if that's OK?.

Get in amongst it mate and enjoy.

·
Registered
288 Posts
Imported post

<font color='#008080'>

Hi Blueboy!!

Welcome to the boards! Donegal, hey - sounds inviting - I feel a possible gig coming up later in the year!!
Cheers

·
C-in-C the Amphibious Contingent
1,421 Posts
Imported post

Hi and welcome!  Good to have you.

·
Premium Member
5,739 Posts
Imported post

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Bren Tierney @ Mar. 06 2003,12:22)]and yer man Jay (Heads Up) also hails from the Donegal coast
Donegal, my arse Bren - I come from near Bushmills! (Its in a different country, don't ya know). Welcome aboard Blueboy - I did Rathlin last summer with Aquaholics in Portstewart - two of the best dives I have done in the UK. Look forward to reading your trip reports!

·
Registered
12,240 Posts
Imported post

Sorry mate, I meant to say we wish you were in Donegal  

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Imported post

Heads up, youre from Bushmills hey.
Did the Lochgarry,Drake , back of the Skerries ,Towey with Aquaholics last year.
Holiday up North Antrim in summer, maybe meet up for some diving. Fancy doing Castle Eden ,Laurentic this year.
Usually finish off with a few Blackbush in the Harbour Bar.
Sure its the best diving in the UK.

·
Registered
575 Posts
Imported post

<font color='#333399'>Jay
what's this Bren routine it's SUSAN from here on in.
He likes being called Susan or is that a miss quote.
Was it he did'nt mind being called Susan.

Quote from Brens own posting in.
Which country you come from.
                  you can call me "Susan"

·
Premium Member
5,739 Posts
Imported post

[b said:
Quote[/b] (blueboy @ Mar. 07 2003,10:05)]Heads up, youre from Bushmills hey.
Did the Lochgarry,Drake , back of the Skerries ,Towey with Aquaholics last year.
Holiday up North Antrim in summer, maybe meet up for some diving. Fancy doing Castle Eden ,Laurentic this year.
Usually finish off with a few Blackbush in the Harbour Bar.
Sure its the best diving in the UK.
Would love to - I live in Wakefield now but am back in Norn Iron a fair bit (not this summer though as I'm being forced to take a 2 week diving holiday in Gran Canaria with the family). My little brother is back in Belfast and may fancing going with you sometime though (I'll mention it to him if he ever answers his phone) - he's a PADI instructor with a fair number of dives (over 1000 anyway).

1 - 10 of 10 Posts