YD Scuba Diving Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Imported post

wow, this site is great.  what with this and the ukrs group i'm not going to be doing any work from now on  

as i'm hailing from possibly the furthest from coastal dives it's possible to get in britain (i'm sure someone will correct me and find somewhere more land-locked than coventry!) most of my diving has in veritable luxury at stoney.  all though i must confess to having laid fin in dosthill once or twice <shame>  i'm always willing, and sometimes even eager, to expand my experiences though, and diving in york wouldn't be a bad way to spend a weekend.  not sure about that river of yours though

i'm afraid that my few trips to york have had nothing at all to do with diving, much more to do with a lovely pub on the river that gets flooded every time there's a whisper of rain - can't remember the name i'm afraid.

anyway, nice to meet you all.

hideo.

·
Not as tall in real life
4,059 Posts
Imported post

<font color='#000080'>Welcome Hideo,

Already noticed you on the boards so you know the score.  Feel free to get stuck and enjoy and absolutely great pic

Daz

P.S  Sorry Dave - Got another one in (Well while Bren's away  
)

·
Registered
145 Posts
Imported post

hallo matey

I know what you mean about being land locked .... I'm a neighbour of yours in sunny rugby.....lol

looks like another midlander on the boards

·
Registered
12,240 Posts
Imported post

Hey Hideo,

As Daz said, feel free to get in amomgst it mate and either suggest a dive or join us for one! We dive all over the UK (not just York!) and can be found at sea-ports and inland sites various any given weekend. Look froward to seeing you on a wet soon. Welcome to YD.

Cheers,

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Imported post

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]Already noticed you on the boards so you know the score.  Feel free to get stuck and enjoy and absolutely great pic
i have to hold my hand up here, i stole it from linuxdiving.org.  hope they don't mind too much!

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]I know what you mean about being land locked .... I'm a neighbour of yours in sunny rugby.....lol
hooray, i'm not the only one!  it could be worse i suppose.  we could be in, um..., the sahara  

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]As Daz said, feel free to get in amomgst it mate and either suggest a dive or join us for one!
definitely.  after all, that's what this lark is all about.  actually, i'm inclined to think that the diving bit is only an excuse for the pub afterwards.  a number of times now i've been up for a second dive but everyone else whould rather whet their whistle than wet their kit.  tho after a few i wasn't complaining anywhere near as much!

hid.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts