YD Scuba Diving Forums banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Imported post

well since it has taken so long to register with the forum i suppose i had better introduce my self,my name is kevan and i am a member of glasgow south (ssac)i have just recently qualified as a sport diver in november last year and totally enjoying the experience of diving(i know i sound like a wee kid but i am only 34)it still has a big fascinationfor me , looking forward to hopefully getting to some good discussions
                                     happy diving
                                              kevan mitchell

·
Registered
12,240 Posts
Imported post

Hey Kevan,

Welcome to YD! Jump in and enjoy mate. We've got plenty of Jockanese members so keep eyes-on Planned Trips and see if you can get yourself on one of our regular jaunts north of the border - or anywhere else for that matter!

Cheers,

·
To dive or not to dive - that's not even an option
2,998 Posts
Imported post

Hi Kevan

It always seems strange being part of a forum caller YD when most of us are from other places like yourself. There are quite a few Scotts in your area on here and i am sure you will have no trouble getting some diving done or getting involved in some of the discussions, after all, that's why we're here. Except "Porg", she's here for the men, but is having trouble finding any among us.  

Join in and don't be shy, "wee man or no".

James  

·
wibble
11,450 Posts
Imported post

<font color='#000080'>OH MY GOD! my cat is called Greebo!  I spose i should be glad its not Gaspode eh?

here for the men?  Damned right i am.  If you wish to partake in the "cough please" test, i will be at LIDS on the dive girl stand.

porgster

·
C-in-C the Amphibious Contingent
1,421 Posts
Imported post

Hi, a Glasgow frog here.  Oi Narked.  It's Scot's - NOT Scotts.  Get it right!  When I get my nice new, shiny drysuit sorted hopefully at LIDS on Sunday, I'll be looking for dives.  PM me for more details.  Dive safely.

·
Registered
317 Posts
Imported post

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Frog @ Mar. 25 2004,18:18)]Hi, a Glasgow frog here.  Oi Narked.  It's Scot's - NOT Scotts.  
Bugger,I always thought it was "Scotch"!!

Hi Kevan.

Greetings from a REAL Yorkshireman, (sadly now living in exile in Oban)

Join in, it's superb.  

·
Small, yet perfectly formed...
3,299 Posts
Imported post

hi kevan
join in with our week clan and have a ball, although we are yorkshire divers we often make it up over the border to where the decent divng is

Jules (100% sound of Mull fan)

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Imported post

<font color='#0000FF'>just to annoy you lot down there i am going on a day trip to the sound of mull in may and also a liveaboard for 3 days yet again in the sound of mull,hispania ,shuna taptei etc and just too really embarras mysel  i am a big fan of terry pratchett hence the name...

greebo is a cat that belongs to nanny og its whole life revolves around if you cant breed with it then eat it ...what a philosophy

·
Snap Happy
2,802 Posts
Imported post

for some reason, where I grew up a greebo was somebody that liked heavy metal, had long hair, wore leather jackets with a denim cut-off (ie the arms had been cut off) and smelt of patchouli.

For some odd reason it also aptly describes a personification of Pratchet's Greebo.

Anyway's welcome aboard.

·
Registered
12,240 Posts
Imported post

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Timing @ Mar. 25 2004,21:16)]for some reason, where I grew up a greebo was somebody that liked heavy metal, had long hair, wore leather jackets with a denim cut-off (ie the arms had been cut off) and smelt of patchouli.
A 'Greebo' or, more commonly, 'Greb' has its etymology in Latin: [Greb, Noun. One who is in dire need of a bath, hair products and a stylist.]

·
wibble
11,450 Posts
Imported post

<font color='#000080'>"Live your life in a moment, then live forever.  Dont fade away"  Soul Music

"for the prisoner, and the flight of birds" Reaper Man (fave book ever)

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Imported post

<font color='#0000FF'>fave quote was "i aint dead im just resting"from granny weatherwax in witches ,but i also love nanny og who has one tooth for special occasions and each of her husbands keep on dying ,

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Imported post

<font color='#0000FF'>the best idea of all is that a 6ft tall ginger is classing himself as a dwarf and also the fact his father gave a metal codpeice in which one of the fights that carrot was in.  the description continues as the sound of a bell being wrung and also detritus the troll not bein very clever or fick as he likes to describe himself

·
old time
6,658 Posts
Imported post

<font color='#0000FF'>
[b said:
Quote[/b] ]my name is kevan and i am a member of glasgow south (ssac)
my name is kevan and i am a member of glasgow south (ssac)

Even the bloody sweatys want a piece of us Southerners , be wanting our shandy next.

Hi Kevan,

welcome to the YD school of nutters

Andy

·
Team Starburst
5,275 Posts
Imported post

<font color='#736AFF'>Personally the opening sequence of Pyramids featuring the "Emergency Stop"  is something of a gem.

Then again music with rocks in it......

Or just maybe llamedos

Perhaps the film Blown Away

Could go on for ever, better stop now

·
Registered
274 Posts
Imported post

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Porg @ Mar. 25 2004,18:12)]OH MY GOD! my cat is called Greebo!  I spose i should be glad its not Gaspode eh?
You're cat is the spitting image of mine!   She's white and tabby too but she's special cos she has 5 toes on each paw!

Her name is cleo and she threw up on the kitchen floor this morning - not nice!  

1 - 20 of 25 Posts