YD Scuba Diving Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi there...

Just wanted to share my holiday thoughts with you guys.... :redface:

I've just come back from Grenada.... for the 2nd time...!! :)

We stayed once again at the Rex Grenadian Hotel which is lovely.... and dived with Ruth (british) lady who owns DEVOTION 2 OCEAN the dive centre on the beach... :teeth:

Every dive is less than 15 mins from the beach and they have a lovely hard boat...

The reefs out there are really special and has something for everyone... from the very small to YES you guessed SHARKS....

:teeth: :teeth: :teeth:

Grenada is an island that has two sides - the carribean side and the atlantic side... the pretty dives tend to be on the carribean side and the dives with drift, current, really big waves and SHARKS tend to be on the Atlantic side....

Soooooooooooooooooooooooooo every diver gets their wish of what type of dive they want to do today...

Then to top off all the diving Grenada hosts one of the biggest cruise liner wrecks in the world.... The Bianca C... she sank after setting on fire in the harbour of St Georges, the navy tried to tow it out and sink it in deep water.... however she began to list and almost took the navy vessel with her - so - they cut her loose and she landed on a reef almost vertical in the water... She bottoms off at 47 ish.... and the bow is at 15 meters... Very very nice dive... home to nurse shark, barracuda and turtles... it has been known for the turtle to live in the swimming pool area on the deck - which can still be identified as you fin past...!!

:)

Give it a try guys.... It is soooooooooooo worth it.....

Lynda x

:angel:

·
Wannabe Lotto Jackpot Winner..!
941 Posts
Hi there...

Just wanted to share my holiday thoughts with you guys.... :redface:

I've just come back from Grenada.... for the 2nd time...!! :)

We stayed once again at the Rex Grenadian Hotel which is lovely.... and dived with Ruth (british) lady who owns DEVOTION 2 OCEAN the dive centre on the beach... :teeth:

Every dive is less than 15 mins from the beach and they have a lovely hard boat...

The reefs out there are really special and has something for everyone... from the very small to YES you guessed SHARKS....

:teeth: :teeth: :teeth:

Grenada is an island that has two sides - the carribean side and the atlantic side... the pretty dives tend to be on the carribean side and the dives with drift, current, really big waves and SHARKS tend to be on the Atlantic side....

Soooooooooooooooooooooooooo every diver gets their wish of what type of dive they want to do today...

:)

Give it a try guys.... It is soooooooooooo worth it.....

Lynda x

:angel:
Been there done that.......... would do it again in the blink of an eye.....

We stayed at the same hotel, dived with same people, and spent two weeks diving the great wrecks out there last Xmas & NY. The King Mitch and Hema 1 were especially good, for having wrecks, sharks and barracuda in the same dive. Highly recommend it.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Been there done that.......... would do it again in the blink of an eye.....

We stayed at the same hotel, dived with same people, and spent two weeks diving the great wrecks out there last Xmas & NY. The King Mitch and Hema 1 were especially good, for having wrecks, sharks and barracuda in the same dive. Highly recommend it.
I agree... if you dont mind the rough water and logging dives BEFORE you jump in the water... The Hema and King Mitch are amazing too.... Shame that the San Juan got battered during hurricane ivan though.... because that used to be my favourite dive...

Lynda x

·
Likes to play his bongo's in the morning
1,286 Posts
We spent 2 weeks there last November and had a great time diving with Aquanauts out of True Blue Bay.
I've a set of pics here online if you want a browse
Public Album

We dived Bianca C twice and Hema, King Mitch plus others.

I was really chuffed to find a proper ships anchor encrusted with coral

On one of the Atlantic wreck dives we got quite close to some of the nurse sharks, and one of them took a real fancy to the guide on one dive, following the shot line back up to 6m as he wound it in after unhooking from the wreck.

Apparently, this was very unusual behaviour for it to swim straight up in the water column.....

The 2 dive guides trying to get past each other and out of it's way was also quite entertaining!

·
941 Posts
I agree... if you dont mind the rough water and logging dives BEFORE you jump in the water... The Hema and King Mitch are amazing too.... Shame that the San Juan got battered during hurricane ivan though.... because that used to be my favourite dive...

Lynda x
Yep it was rough on the trips to and from these Atlantic wrecks, I think on one of them we had 3m swells..... Heres a shot of one of our return journeys,......

Attachments

·
941 Posts
But sooooooooooooooooooooo well worth the sea sickness..... ha ha ha...!!

xxx

LOL.... I have photos of that too, but I save the blushes of those that feed the fishes.....:teeth:

I got some great video of the nurse sharks on the Hema1 just need to edit it and post it some where.

·
941 Posts
I'd LOVE to see the video of the nurse sharks on HEMA.... I have a link on my profile that you could email to.... Please.... please... please...!!

x
x
x
x
x
x
Will see if I can Upload them to Photo bucket tonight...

Now added, view video here

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.