YD Scuba Diving Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Dedicated Lurker
934 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Woz does the knobs to secure your bands to the backplate but does anyone know of any gadget that can be added to the first stage bit that you turn to screw the din into the cylinder valve.

Mine have become really stiff to turn and especially in cold weather makes it a real struggle.

Cheers

Lyv

·
Atomic Blonde and Midjit Idjit
16,469 Posts
Hi Lyv

I had this same problem. My DIN valves on both my tanks and first stages had become really encrusted with salt, so afer talking to Eeyore, I gave them a good clean with a small wire brush* yesterday. I took care to wipe them down completely afterwards. They were much easier to assemble this morning.

HTH

Helen

*I used a very small, 'softish' wire brush, like a small chimney sweep's brush, from my Dremel set.

·
Dedicated Lurker
934 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Excellent idea. Will give it a go.

Ta

Lyv

·
Have You Seen My 'Demi-john'?
997 Posts
try the latest din hand wheel from the apex txt range large rubber coated just got 2 from sds £12 each

john

·
Atomic Blonde and Midjit Idjit
16,469 Posts
try the latest din hand wheel from the apex txt range large rubber coated just got 2 from sds £12 each

john
Can you post a link John - I cant see them on the SDS website? The plastic wheels on my Scubapro regs don't half knack my hands, even now I've cleaned the threads and made it easier to assemble :)

Edit: Doh, just realised you said they are for Apeks - do you think they will be universal fitting?

·
997 Posts
not listed on site ring up to order

john

·
Dedicated Lurker
934 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Hi John,

Even better! One of my first stages is apex but the other is poseidon. Any ideas if the apex ones will fit?

I shall ring SDS on Tuesday anyway.

Thanks for that

Lyvia

·
Banned
402 Posts

john
I thought you couldn't buy regulator parts like this in the UK, do they sell this listed in their website(sorry just read these threads having already posted)

·
'Caribbean' Ian
847 Posts
Had a similar problem with mine, took off the din part soaked it in vinegar for 10 min (too long will take the chrome finish off) and brushed it down with a tooth brush, rinse in clean water to get rid o the vinegar, it worked for me!

·
997 Posts
Hi John,

Even better! One of my first stages is apex but the other is poseidon. Any ideas if the apex ones will fit?

I shall ring SDS on Tuesday anyway.

Thanks for that

Lyvia

just tried hand wheel on poseiden fits ok tried scubapro and does not fit

john

·
Dedicated Lurker
934 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Ta everyone for your help. Will try cleaning up the threads and get the wheel things from sds.

Cheers

Lyvia

Hope to be back diving soon. Have had three retinal tears and had them lasered. Go for a check up tomorrow. Want to D I V E.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts