YD Scuba Diving Forums banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
12,240 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Imported post

OK Jay, Willo and miself are diving, come-what-may, this Sunday, 20th July !!

Venue is TBA and might be a hardboat, RIB or Shore - we don't care, we're going diving. It will be in the North East (Farnes, Tynemouth, Seahouses etc.) Wrecks or Reefs.

Put your name down here as we might be able to get a hardboat - approx 12 bodies needed @ approx £25.00 per diver for 2 dives:

1. * Bren
2. * Jay
3. * Willo
4 *

Come on troops, let's be having you?? Marco?? Wetlettuce?? Kev W?? Bob Allinson?? Nigel (Redcar)??

Nice, easy enjoyable diving in a rubba-dub YD Styleeee  

·
T.L.S. More dives than posts
688 Posts
Imported post

Sorry mate,Night shift Sat & Sun,Then off to St Abbs Mon - Thurs

·
T.L.S. More dives than posts
688 Posts
Imported post

Just received an E-mail from Nordic divers (Thirsk BSAC branch)
they have four possibly five spaces on a hardboat out of the Farnes this Sunday.
Contact Dave Ward on [email protected] for more info.
See even though I can't go myself I'm stil thinking of you guys

·
Registered
12,240 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Imported post

Kev mate,

you're some man for one man! I've just fired-off an email to Dave now and will wait for his response. Cheers dude. And enjoy St Abbs.

·
Small, yet perfectly formed...
3,299 Posts
Imported post

me me me me me me
I was supposed to be diving the weekend but only got sorted for saturday so could do sunday with you lot.
Will be at whitby on saturday but could then travel towards where ever it is....
I am in!
jules

·
Registered
12,240 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Imported post

OK Jay, Willo and miself are diving, come-what-may, this Sunday, 20th July !!

Venue is TBA and might be a hardboat, RIB or Shore - we don't care, we're going diving. It will be in the North East (Farnes, Tynemouth, Seahouses etc.) Wrecks or Reefs.

Put your name down here as we might be able to get a hardboat (Willo's working away feverishly as I write trying to snag us some places) - approx 12 bodies needed @ approx £25.00 per diver for 2 dives for the day. And so, the current 'Focussed Five' are:

1. * Bren
2. * Jay
3. * Willo
4. * Wetlettuce
5. * Jules C
6. *

Come on troops, let's be having you?? Marco?? Wetlettuce?? Kev W (cheers mate - enjoy Abbs, jammy sod!), Bob Allinson?? Nigel (Redcar)??  Well-in Jules!

Nice, easy enjoyable diving in a rubba-dub YD Styleeee  

·
Registered
1,786 Posts
Imported post

Hold tight people I think I've only got four places on the Sunday, not sure how many on the Saturday.. waiting for a call back.. Sorry but 12 places on one hardboat on a weekend is like finding hens teeth.. :{

·
3,299 Posts
Imported post

If its an early start I will stay over sat night too, no point in going whitby to huddersfield to north east again..
jules

·
Registered
12,240 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Imported post

Hey Davey,

Have you tried Marsden's yet?? Sandman (Simon) proferred them on the Tynemouth thread in Recent Trip Reports.

·
1,773 Posts
Imported post

<font color='#000F22'>I'm up for sommat - I agree with Dave that spaces may be more difficult to come by than one would initially think.

BTW  - Great to see Willo, other Dave, Drifty and Marco at the weekend.

·
Registered
1,786 Posts
Imported post

Right I've just got off the phone and the situation looks like this.....

I can get three on a boat on Saturday and four on a boat on Sunday...not good...  OR!!! I can get a whole boat for twelve of us on the Saturday, maybe even Sunday if the interest is high.. but! the whole boat must be paid for even if it's half empty... so I'm gonna need to know that I can fill it before I think of booking it, therefore I'm needing names and serious intentions so please don't put your name forward unless you're absolutely sure that you will go.

The skipper is a diver himself and not just a fisherman that wants to drop bods where it's convenient, he will take us to any of the top spots in and around the Farnes... I'm up for a good wreck first, hopefully two but also don't mind a seal confrontation on dive two... to be discussed as we get names

So.. c'mon people I need to know early doors before I either get my arse on an already half full boat or book our very own boat for the twelve of us.

So if you're interested please contact me on the mobile on 07714 034666

I'm already getting moist thinking about it...

·
Registered
13 Posts
Imported post

sorry bren cant do weekend
working night shift with kev and then taking trailertent off to st abbs where we will get wet

·
3,299 Posts
Imported post

Davey
definately in for sunday only but will travel up on saturday night and join you lot for a shandy if you are doing both days.
Jules

·
Registered
12,240 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Imported post

Guys,

Dave Ward (Kev W's oppo) has just got back to me with this news for Sunday, 20th July - this could work out! They have 7 divers, we'd be allowed another 5 to make up the 12 for the boat's compliment.

"Bren,

Attached is a copy of what I sent to Kevin. the boat is either "Julie D" or " Three Sisters"

The provisional plan is to dive the Somalia first depth 30 metres. Slack is round about 09.30 so we were planning to meet @ the main harbour slip @ 08.15. The second dive is to be a seals / scenic dive probably Hopper Rock depth 15m -20m. Not sure if you're out & out wreckies, but we do a bit of both hence the mix. I'm in the process of preparing the details & need to confirm with the skipper.

The boat is £280 for the day. We have 7 divers @ present = maximum £40 + air. We will split the cost directly between the number of divers. i.e. 10 = £28  & 12 = £23.50.

The boat will be coming back in to refill cylinders.

We have restricted divers to BSAC Sport diver or above and if preferably we need Buddy pairs / three.

Hope this gives you enough to go on for the time being. If you are interested I'll e-mail full details when I've sorted them. Otherwise feel free to ring.

Cheers

Dave Ward
Nordic Divers BSAC 662."

So here's what a Sunday YD Team Sheet looks like based on those who've banged their names in the hat:

1. * Bren
2. * Jay
3. * Willo
4. * Wetlettuce
5. * Jules C
--------------- Being the cut off for the number of places available on the boat
6. * Marco
7. * Gav

So we can either get a max of five on the Nordic SAC boat, or we book our own boat which, on current evidence and names in the ring, gives us an exposure of 5 boddies at say £25.00 a head!

Not rocket science I know, but we either lose two YD heads from current 7 wanting to go on the Nordic boat, or we need to boost our numbers from the current 7 to at least 10 (pref 12) divers in order to bring the boat cost to approx £25-£30 per diver for the Sunday.

Anymore for any more?? Come on YD, you know you want it, don't make me beg!!

·
1,773 Posts
Imported post

<font color='#000F22'>I know I wasn't making the first 5 anyway but if it's the Somali then I'm not bothered anyway.

Have a great weekend and maybe think about swapping for the Chris Christiansen?

In my experience of getting folk togther for a boat 12 isn't easy.

Gav

1 - 20 of 27 Posts