YD Scuba Diving Forums banner
1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
A Moderate from 04/01/07-24/12/12
11,804 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been after a bit of dive kit for a while and have a number of searches on eBay to help find it. I was fortunate enough a couple of weeks to find one that was brand new....so I made sure I won the auction.

Now because the vendor is abroard there's the difficulty of paying through a bank transfer but eventually I got it sorted, only to get a message this am to say that the vendor dropped the parcel and has broken the item.

He has offered me a different piece of kit .... which I don't want or a refund .... which I've opted for ..... but I can't help but think this is going to cost me money ..... GRRRRRR :angry:

........and relax
Mal

·
So raise your hand if you think that was a Russian
11,158 Posts
Hmm, reminds me of a motorbike I was going to buy, it took ages to sort and then was 'smashed up on the trailer" while it was being brought to the guy's house for me. Personally, I just think he got a better offer.

Bad luck Mal, but despite what you may have heard, have some faith in the eBay dispute system if it all gets messy; they sorted out a problem I had with a seller, although I had to pay postage to get the faulty goods back to him :mad:, your story makes it sound as if this is not an issue for you.

r
Paul

·
Mad as a Haddock
2,206 Posts
Hmm, reminds me of a motorbike I was going to buy, it took ages to sort and then was 'smashed up on the trailer" while it was being brought to the guy's house for me. Personally, I just think he got a better offer.

Bad luck Mal, but despite what you may have heard, have some faith in the eBay dispute system if it all gets messy; they sorted out a problem I had with a seller, although I had to pay postage to get the faulty goods back to him :mad:, your story makes it sound as if this is not an issue for you.

r
Paul
Christ, how much did it cost to post a motorbike back?

·
So raise your hand if you think that was a Russian
11,158 Posts
Christ, how much did it cost to post a motorbike back?
LOL, I mentioned the motorbike as it was a similar story. It's not unknown for eBay sellers to sell an item and then have sort of 'problem' and offer a cheaper or less suitable alternative that they just happen to have several of.

As Kirstie says, our problem was with and underwater camera and housing.
The housing leaked, but did not ruin the camera, and I'd've been happy if the guy had just swapped the housing, but he chose to ignore all of my emails to him. At this point I contacted eBay/Paypal and let them handle the matter.

To be honest, from that point in, I felt that the matter was dealt with fairly, I had to send the camera back to the guy so that he could inspect it, with a letter from an expert sating that the housing had been assembled properly and still leaked. He accepted the problem and I was refunded.

r
Paul

·
Registered
7,628 Posts
I've been after a bit of dive kit for a while and have a number of searches on eBay to help find it. I was fortunate enough a couple of weeks to find one that was brand new....so I made sure I won the auction.

Now because the vendor is abroard there's the difficulty of paying through a bank transfer but eventually I got it sorted, only to get a message this am to say that the vendor dropped the parcel and has broken the item.

He has offered me a different piece of kit .... which I don't want or a refund .... which I've opted for ..... but I can't help but think this is going to cost me money ..... GRRRRRR :angry:

........and relax
Mal

I would say very annoyed - and its getting worse. The title has 4 'R's in it, but your post has 6 'R's. Thats annoyed.

·
Registered
13,519 Posts
only to get a message this am to say that the vendor dropped the parcel and has broken the item.

.......and relax
Mal
On a postive note, he couldn't have packaged it very well and thank heavens he admitted to dropping in and not putting it through the system and blaming someone else. :)

If you are going diving shouldn't you be on the road by now :D

·
A Moderate from 04/01/07-24/12/12
11,804 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
yes mal its called stoney lol!! go on ya know u want to !
:teeth: :teeth:
I am told that the South West has its own micro climate so I've not given up hope yet ..... if it's sh*te I'll probably go to Vobster and mock the well hard RB divers who are bound to be there too.

:D
Mal

·
Registered
18,557 Posts
I am told that the South West has its own micro climate so I've not given up hope yet ..... if it's sh*te I'll probably go to Vobster and mock the well hard RB divers who are bound to be there too.

:D
Mal
Well, so far the micro-climate is giving us grey, damp and bloody freezing. :( And that is on the day it was supposed to be warm and sunny. God knows what the weekend will bring.

·
More yokel than local moi luvver
1,280 Posts
What part are you coming to Mal?, Swanage today has been warm with a flat sea, and vis on the pier to the bottom. So you may get some salt water on your kit yet.

Dave

·
Spider Crabs can just f*ck off
16,005 Posts
However the weather forecast I saw this morning had Plymouth with the only dry patch of map for Sunday, which is supposed to be when it gets wet.

Good luck for those sea dives Mal.
Yes, my pretties, it's lovely here in Plymouth! Sun, sea, sand and super-dooper diving! Come down, you know you want to! :)

1 - 20 of 48 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.