YD Scuba Diving Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Banned
3,724 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So,

anyone going? I'll be taking mrs farmer along to watch out local team, tigers, thrash saracens (i hope).

It'd be good to say hello to any fellow YD'ers that might be there...

any score predictions?

cheers

Adam

·
Registered
16,363 Posts
You really think you can beat a team that walked into your front room and stole your unbeaten record?

Really?

We would be there, but we've got to be oop north for the weekend, but will be sure to find a pub with the game on :D

That said, it will be a pleasure to play Leicester after Northampton last week - they're just an unpleasant side to come up against, there seems to be no holds barred but not in a good way - many challenges and the way they attack at the breakdown are hard to watch, seems to be the culture at the club to put their body on the line in every challenge, which a lot of the other big sides just don't seem to do in the same way.

Digs.

·
Gettin' busy with the fizzy..
708 Posts
tigers will trash sarries the other week the players were not up for it and we gave away 2 easy trys, its the worst we have played all year but we were resting a lot of players for the final 2 games as that all that count's

Not sure if i'm going down twickers yet but more than likely will end up down there

·
Banned
3,724 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
tigers will trash sarries the other week the players were not up for it and we gave away 2 easy trys, its the worst we have played all year but we were resting a lot of players for the final 2 games as that all that count's

Not sure if i'm going down twickers yet but more than likely will end up down there
are you going on the train or driving? I'd be up for car sharing if you fancied it?

·
708 Posts
not sure yet waiting for my mate to let me know if he's going probly be train so we can have a drink or 2 or i may even see if there is any room on the tigers busses which will be going

·
Registered
16,363 Posts

Don't forget we beat South Africa a few months ago, and the odds were well against us then as well :D

I really think the Northampton game will have hit a lot of the players hard - many described it as the hardest game they'd ever played in interviews afterwards, Bath certainly didn't test your lot in anything like the same way, but I guess that's only fair as you did finish top.

Digs.

·
Banned
3,724 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
not sure yet waiting for my mate to let me know if he's going probly be train so we can have a drink or 2 or i may even see if there is any room on the tigers busses which will be going
Our current plan is train too, but it was just a thought if we're all going from the same area. It'll be my first time at twickers... a mate of mine has said it's a train to st pancras, then a tube to richmond, then lots of drinking in richmond, and a free shuttlebus to twickers. sound about right?

·
708 Posts
Don't forget we beat South Africa a few months ago, and the odds were well against us then as well :D

I really think the Northampton game will have hit a lot of the players hard - many described it as the hardest game they'd ever played in interviews afterwards, Bath certainly didn't test your lot in anything like the same way, but I guess that's only fair as you did finish top.

Digs.
Digger i think u will also find that tigers beat south africa to but my memory of the match is a bit blured!!!!

Farmershort that sound about right on the train, i'm not a big fan of twickers much prefer the millennium stadium or the old Lansdowne Road, i could be down to the pints at twickers are normal crap

·
Banned
3,724 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Tigers!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

What a game we were always going to win!!!!!
Tiiiiiiiiiiiiggggeeeeeeeeeeerrrrsssss!!!!!!!

That last try 3 odd mins before the end was incredible! The southern poofs were all still too busy celebrating to notice! Ha ha ha ha ha

Brill game, and a fantastic first visit to twickers!

·
708 Posts
that last try was just amazing all the other players seamed to stop for the penalty but hipkiss kept running great day, bet it was a good day down twickers

1 - 16 of 16 Posts