YD Scuba Diving Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
563 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Imported post

Anyone just been onto the General Forum of Divernet will see that our far northern friend, John Gulliver, the Britswede has unjustifiably been set up for some bashing.

As a frequent and amicable contributor to this forum, I suggest we spring to his defence, even though some of the allegations may be true.........remember that old Welsh proverb - `Don`t cloud the issue with facts`

Get to it NOW !

·
Not as tall in real life
4,059 Posts
Imported post

Thanks for bringing that to our attention Steve,

I might of missed the chance to join in and have a dig  

Daz

·
Registered
563 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Imported post

Daz

Read your posting on D`net, we must talk. Your reply was supposed to be supporting Gully, not dragging up his past. Those convictions are, as they say in the trade `spent`

Have your toes warmed up yet ?

Steve

·
Not as tall in real life
4,059 Posts
Imported post

Just about,  but I think Paul is still warming up after his dive in a semi dry!!

So much for these hard northerners (Sorry different thread I know)  where were they when we were chipping the ice just so we could rinse our masks

Cracking dives though.

Daz

(God's honest truth on the ice.)

·
Registered
2,314 Posts
Imported post

Actually, I don't think the guy meant to be nasty. Anyway, after 35 years of virtual living in the middle of the North Sea – the Swedes still regard me as a peculiar foreigner and the Brits also tend to nowadays – I'm pretty thick-skinned.

·
Registered
1,755 Posts
Imported post

[b said:
Quote[/b] (John Gulliver @ Dec. 08 2003,22:32)]Actually, I don't think the guy meant to be nasty.
<font color='#000F22'>so he hasn't been trolling and flaming recently at all then?  

·
Registered
2,314 Posts
Imported post

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Mary @ Dec. 08 2003,23:43)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (John Gulliver @ Dec. 08 2003,22:32)]Actually, I don't think the guy meant to be nasty.
so he hasn't been trolling and flaming recently at all then?  
He has indeed, but in this instance his post doesn't read as hostile, rather tongue in cheek.
By the way, according to "his" profile, "he" is a woman. Are we really sure that's not true?

·
Registered
488 Posts
Imported post

<font color='#000080'>John, you keep up the good work mate - it's only sour grapes from "the dark side".

·
Registered
3,914 Posts
Imported post

Errr.... everyone sems to be skipping over the blatant and obvious Troll name of the poster "Su Kuoff", we don't really need to spell that out do we

Anyway John, "There's only one thing worse than being talked about..."  

Stevil

·
Registered
5,966 Posts
Imported post

<font color='#0000FF'>If this were a tribe I would consider John as a chief elder -one with experience and worth listening to.

When I logged on to YD (and divernet before) I kept my name, partly because I couldn't think of anything else then, so it is good to have someone else using his real name. Though with John everyone I'm sure can pronounce his name unlike me  

·
Registered
563 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Imported post

Ok Gully, now that most people think you are the second coming of the Messiah, where do you hail from in the UK ?

Are you a Southern hard nut or a Northern Nonce ?

Show your colours, and no sitting on the fence.

·
Just not enough dive time.
9,135 Posts
Imported post

I've asked JB/LOuise if they fancy giving John his own 'guest' column in the mag, posted on Dnet, be nice if we got one of our own in there dont you reckon.

John forgive me if I've gone over the top, but I reckon it would be great.

Matt

·
Not as tall in real life
4,059 Posts
Imported post

[b said:
Quote[/b] (MATTBIN @ Dec. 09 2003,21:37)]I've asked JB/LOuise if they fancy giving John his own 'guest' column in the mag, posted on Dnet, be nice if we got one of our own in there dont you reckon.

John forgive me if I've gone over the top, but I reckon it would be great.

Matt
Oh definitely.

"Gulliver's travels"

Well realistically, what else could it be called..

Daz

·
Registered
2,314 Posts
Imported post

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Steve L. @ Dec. 09 2003,16:40)]Ok Gully, now that most people think you are the second coming of the Messiah, where do you hail from in the UK ?

Are you a Southern hard nut or a Northern Nonce ?

Show your colours, and no sitting on the fence.
Born in Brum, left there at the age of 3, grew up in Middlesex. Definitely a southerner!

·
Registered
2,314 Posts
Imported post

[b said:
Quote[/b] (MATTBIN @ Dec. 10 2003,10:26)]Yeah thats what I thought too,
seems to be getting support on Handbag too.

Matt
Matt, have another look at Divernet!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts