YD Scuba Diving Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Banned
1,844 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Imported post

It was fast approaching high noon in the town of badlands as two lone riders trotted into town on their trusty steeds. The dervishing devils were being, err, devilingly dervish as they whipped up the dry sand.
 The town fell silent as the two gunslingers, dressed all in black, slowly made their way to the saloon. Mothers began to take the children back indoors as the menfolk started to feel twitchy. They knew these two gringos were looking for one man and one man only. They only hoped it wasn't themselves or any of their kinsfolk.
 It was so quiet you could hear the scratching of the rolling tumbleweed as the riders slowly dismounted. Suddenly the saloon doors swung open and in they walked, spurs jangling, the piano stopped playing and the poker game was forgotten. All heads turned to look at the strangers. After slowly scanning the bar their quarry was seen sitting in the corner oblivious to his surroundings.
 The better looking of the two men walked across to the man supping a shandy in the corner. He stood up and looked the gunslinger in the eye, hands at his hips over the two Smith and Wesson 6-shooters, and cracking his knuckles. The atmosphere was electric and they both wondered what the hell this was as electricity hadn't been invented yet. But they new it was time, the time that had both been secretly looking forward to and dreaded at the same time.
 After what seemed like an eternity the man in black spat out his baccy and said,
Are you Matt Binnie, coz I'm Peter Kelly? And so thus they finally met and he's not such a bad lad after all.8O))

I went down to Beadnell at the weekend with Budgy on a speculation dive looking for something and found out we were in the same place as Gully's lot. It was good to finally put a face to Matt and he's even uglier than I expected(Status Quo starting already). Looks as if a good feed wouldn't do him any harm either.

We headed up to St. Abbs on Sunday where I had one of the best dives I've had and also one of the worst. I'm covered from shoulder to ankle in bloody bruises and I lost my torch(recovered next dive by the wonderful budgy) and I've torn my suit. Fu**ing nightmare dive. I've dived in all sorts of currents but NEVER swell like this. I'm not the worlds smallest(15stone + 6ft) or weakest of guys, at one point I had both hands firmly round kelp stalks at 5mtrs and was wrenched off and up to the surface without a moments hesitation. I was getting picked up and pushed onto the rocks then swept back out again. Budgy was going to come in and help me then decided it was much more fun sitting on the rocks pi**ing himself. Bast**d! One was not amused!

Still, it was an experience and I'm still alive.

Peter

·
That's Dude with an E
12,959 Posts
Imported post

Well thats blown it then, l was hoping some of the guys & gals on this trip would come on the next SO Mull trip, then we could get a second boat and l could go.

But now they've met you......................  

·
Just not enough dive time.
9,135 Posts
Imported post

If you thought I was ugly when you met me you should have seen me at the beginning of Sundays second dive, but thats reserved for the trip report I'm due to put in regarding Gulley's organised Seahouses adventure.

Peter tried desperately to avoid me but I've seen him now and his cross of St George's flag (except some loony painted it the wrong colour) disguised as a Saltire.

Slim and wiry they call it, even athletic you fat bastard.

Where did you go whilst we were all being entertained by the Swedes.

Matt

·
Banned
1,844 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Imported post

Out on the pull!!!!

Peter

·
Banned
1,844 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Imported post

[b said:
Quote[/b] (MATTBIN @ Sep. 22 2003,15:52)]any luck?
I've heard English birds go for foreigners.
It's not that they go for forigners, they're just slappers(peter k ducks and runs for cover). But no, Budgy was cramping my style, nearly though!!!

Peter

1 - 6 of 6 Posts