YD Scuba Diving Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Imported post

<font color='#810541'>Go the chance to play around with a DACOR DPV today. Just free diving with it. So much fun. I want one I want one I want one!!!

Finally went in the water with my 3mm shortie - what I was I worrying about?? The water is 72F here. Ice cold at first but then I was fine and I was in the water for 45 mins today, twice.

Was turtle tagging. Involves snokelling round a net and catching turtles for conservation research. Loads of fun. Saw a gold spot moray eel.
We only got two turtles though. But a whole day off work and out on the boat was great. I even managed to get a sunburnt face! Just how cold is it in Blightly? - ha ha ha

Anyway - I just wanted to get on here and tell you all how much fun DPVs are. If you haven't tried one, I would highly recommend them. Still got to try one with SCUBA though.....

Lisa

·
That's Dude with an E
12,959 Posts
Imported post

[b said:
Quote[/b] (lizardfish @ Dec. 02 2003,01:06)]The water is 72F here. Ice cold at first
You're having a larf'  ice cold?  

The south coast 2 weeks ago was 13 deg = 90F so ha ha ha

Ok so 90F is not quite true but still relatively warm.

Tried a DPV on Scuba in Malta during the summer on the El Farok (think spelt right) absolutely great saw so much more of the wreck, and on the return into the current - no problem.

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Imported post

<font color='#810541'>There were people in the water today in semi drys, and 7mm bib and braces.... and they were shivering.

Think feeling the cold is really variable among people, and often has no relation to size.

I was fine though (perhaps my blubber is more insulating than others?), after the inital shock. It really does feel like ice at first. Then it feels OK. In the UK, in a 3mm shortie (in your 90F waters) I expect it would just keep feeling like ice and then you would die!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts