YD Scuba Diving Forums banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
2,773 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Had my last dive today with Boyant Babe, Kirstie and Turbanator and in the week, that they dived with me it was great fun. Ocean Quest is no more and I am only going to dive in my spare time and on my own from now on. It was great diving with the people that I have gotten to know of this site over the years.

Dive safe

Michael

·
Beach-bum-Blonde Mafia ;o)
6,935 Posts
Take care Michael!

Sue :kiss: :girlhug: xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

·
Registered
12,795 Posts
Were your ears burning at the w/e? Some of us were discussing how quiet some of the older mods were.

Well, best wishes for whatever comes next.

Adrian

·
Thats MISTER Blue Boots to you....
9,371 Posts
All the best Michael, it was great diving with you last year. I hope you enjoy whatever you get up to next.

·
Creature of the night
14,183 Posts
Best wishes for the future Micheal, wherever it takes you.

Safe diving,
Steve

P.S. It wasn't diving with Helen Krankie that made you hang up your fins was it? ;)

·
Heavily medicated, for your safety.
1,754 Posts
Best of luck mate, what ever the future may bring. It was a pleasure to dive with you.

·
So much more than a child's play thing!
2,725 Posts
Had my last dive today with Boyant Babe, Kirstie and Turbanator and in the week, that they dived with me it was great fun. Ocean Quest is no more and I am only going to dive in my spare time and on my own from now on.
They weren't that bad were they?

Mike, It's been an absolute pleasure to dive with you for the past few years and you taught me far more than just the course material. No doubt we'll be in 'Reefie sometime in the future and will look you up for a cigar and a deco beer or three. All the very best for whatever you decide to do.

Gareth

·
Exiled in Scotland...
6,286 Posts
Thats a shame Micheal. We really enjoyed diving with you. It wasn't like diving with a guide, more like buddy diving in the UK. Good look, I guess you'll be living at the Bar then? Keep in touch and let us know how you are getting on. I'm sure paople on here who have visited you in the past will want to drop in to see you guys.

Dave C

·
Finless: You couldn't invent him...
23,946 Posts
Do you mean "hanging up your professional fins" or ............?

·
Snap Happy
2,802 Posts
Hey Micheal, All the best with whatever your future plans are. As Dave said above, diving with you was more than diving with a guide - afterall, what guide would volunteer to light my subjects? :)

Cheers,

Tim

·
Ginger, Irish, sometimes stroppy
5,997 Posts
Mike, I know its difficult to dive with those three but.......

I'm stunned and saddened, hope you stay in touch and expect to see a ginger haired Irish man pay you a visit at some point. Similarly, if you find yourself in the UK please let me know so we can catch up.

I was going to say you taught me all I know about diving but that didn't take long :)

Take care, you're one of the best Yd has had

Conor

·
So raise your hand if you think that was a Russian
11,158 Posts
Hi Mike,

We all really enjoyed ourselves, but it was sad to be in on such an 'end of an era'.

Thanks for a great time, it's always been like diving with a mate, even the first time - perhaps that's why we did 3 trips within a year ;)

All the best and look after yourself.

Paul and Kirstie

·
Brittlestar Galactica
419 Posts
Oi, no, not fair, you can't!!!

Who am I gonna dive with now when I come back out in November? :frown:

Joking aside as others have said it was like diving with a mate not a guide. I'll try and pop in in November and test out a seat at the end of the bar. :)

·
Premium Member
5,739 Posts
Mike - we've mulled this over many a glass of beer. Thanks so much to you for all your support and hospitality over the past few years. I wouldn't like to estimate the number of YDers who have been across to Tenerife to dive with you. Hope you'll still be on the boards as your sense of humour, knowledge and banter would be sorely missed.

·
Blue Peter Diver
616 Posts
:eek:mg: :eek:mg: :eek:mg: :eek:mg: :eek:mg: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Who is going to teach the Noo girl further courses????? Sorry that your not continuing. The hols that we have had were fab expecially the ray dives:)
Well will have to pop into the bar if/when we come over again.

·
Registered
12,795 Posts
Mike - we've mulled this over many a glass of beer. Thanks so much to you for all your support and hospitality over the past few years. I wouldn't like to estimate the number of YDers who have been across to Tenerife to dive with you. Hope you'll still be on the boards as your sense of humour, knowledge and banter would be sorely missed.
I had hoped to be another in the next couple of years - other plans always got in the way.

·
It's Not D.I.R...Noooo!...It's D.I.P!
160 Posts
=o=o=o

Noooooooo!
Uncle Mikey! Nooooooo!
Who is going to teach me to be a MD now? =[
AND...WHO is going to laugh at my flops?

Noooooooooooooooo! I'll miss diving with yoooou!
Infact, just about everyone will!

You was a great instructor!
=[=[ No more birthday rays. =[=[

Good luck for the future, and I hope to see you soooon!

Nikki Noo. xxx
:cry:

1 - 20 of 28 Posts