YD Scuba Diving Forums banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Creature of the night
14,183 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The game's afoot: Follow your spirit; and upon this charge Cry 'God for Harry, England, and Saint George!'

My flag is up [not a football one ;)] it always saddens me that there is more made of St Patrick's day in England than of our own patron Saint.

Safe diving,
Steve

·
Retired
2,054 Posts
I agree with you, it appears if you celebrate St Georges day you are a racist these days. Ive never celebrated st patricks day, as it doesnt seem correct honouring a saint of a country who had a percentage of their population that spent so long trying to murder British Servicemen. The world is nuts.

·
Registered
721 Posts
Most people dont even know when st Georges day is, the nutty government wont let schools put up flags. a happy st Georges day to one and all, from me sat in Wales with the rain p*ss*ng down and the wind blowing a hoolie.

·
Liberal Lefty
1,694 Posts
Indeed

Red roses all round (and white roses to those in Yorkshire...)

·
Finless: You couldn't invent him...
23,946 Posts
A happy dragon slaying St George's day to you all. In the absence of any dragons I find pint slaying to be great fun but not effective in the 'rescuing of damsel' stakes! :)

·
No longer a Scapa Virgin
2,115 Posts
Happy St Georges Day to one and all, if i wasn't at work I'd celebrate with a pint or two of Bombardier, "an excellent british ale" (said in an Al Murray stylee!)

On a serious note i do think today should be a bank holiday.

I only celebrate St Patricks day because Sainsbury's have good deals on Guiness:embarassed:

·
Is fully Mod 1'd up
878 Posts
The game's afoot: Follow your spirit; and upon this charge Cry 'God for Harry, England, and Saint George!'

My flag is up [not a football one ;)] it always saddens me that there is more made of St Patrick's day in England than of our own patron Saint.

Safe diving,
Steve
I think we should celebrate St Georges day like the US celebrate indepenance day... a real celebration...

Happy St Georges day everyone

Adam

·
23,946 Posts
Hey at least St Patrick was British!

Cheers, Ant
No he wasn't! ............. Was he? ......... erm ........... Did GB exist then? Can the term be applied retrospectively?

·
Registered
759 Posts
Happy St Georges day to all! I too agree that it should be a bank holiday, but someone somewere in an office may deem is not including minoritys.

·
23,946 Posts
Most people dont even know when st Georges day is, the nutty government wont let schools put up flags. a happy st Georges day to one and all, from me sat in Wales with the rain p*ss*ng down and the wind blowing a hoolie.
I predict a growing resurgence in popularity in the future.

Cap Gold have been taking votes for favourite English artistes for a week and are playing the top 100 all day ........... sounds like Robbie is "rubbing Angel's instead" at the moment ............. don't what position he is in though? :):)

[edit]No 18 in the ultimate English 100 countdown ......... if you care! :)

·
Banned
9 Posts
Happy St George's day - a great day 23 April - as well as being my mum's birthday (88) this year and William Shakespeares birthday as well. What an exciting day.
well hoping everyone is enjoying our Patron Saints Day :teeth:

Sally

·
Registered
12,457 Posts
Happy St George's day - a great day 23 April - as well as being my mum's birthday (88) this year and William Shakespeares birthday as well. What an exciting day.
well hoping everyone is enjoying our Patron Saints Day :teeth:

Sally
I believe Shakespeare died his birthday too. I hope he had a chance blow out his candles.:cake:

Oh and happy birthday to Sallys' mum!:)

·
Registered
1,537 Posts

Happy SGD to you all
No celebrations at my daughters school today as it might upset some of the others.:angry: (F**k me its only a school in ENGLAND after all).
cheers
Mark

·
Beach-bum-Blonde Mafia ;o)
6,935 Posts
We have flags of St George up all over the place here - it's quite heartening that the Gozitans can be so patriotic :thumbsup:

·
23,946 Posts
We have flags of St George up all over the place here - it's quite heartening that the Gozitans can be so patriotic :thumbsup:
Ahhhhh ....... Gozo ......... one island I truly had some happy holidays, learned to dive ....... I just loved the pace of life. I'll bet it has picked up a bit now?

Have they opened any more clubs? I'll bet they won't be so fond of the English if the "here we go, here we go" mob arrive?

:)

·
Beach-bum-Blonde Mafia ;o)
6,935 Posts
Ahhhhh ....... Gozo ......... one island I truly had some happy holidays, learned to dive ....... I just loved the pace of life. I'll bet it has picked up a bit now?
Nope not really - still slow to nearly standing still :D

Have they opened any more clubs? I'll bet they won't be so fond of the English if the "here we go, here we go" mob arrive?
:)
No new clubs either, in fact they are just knocking a hotel down - hopefully the 'erewigoh' mob will stick to Malta - there's nothing for them here, they can move along ;)

·
Creature of the night
14,183 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Nope not really - still slow to nearly standing still :D

No new clubs either, in fact they are just knocking a hotel down - hopefully the 'erewigoh' mob will stick to Malta - there's nothing for them here, they can move along ;)
That's right who wants drunken Brits with a red wine and chocolate bar in one hand and a *** in the other, falling over in Gozo eh? ;)

Safe diving,
Steve

1 - 20 of 25 Posts