YD Scuba Diving Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
13,519 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Imported post

<font color='#0000FF'>OK, all this talk about chamber dives I though some of you might be interested in this.

A few years ago my club went to the Diver Training College near York.  The day consists of half the group doing either Standard dress or commercial rig and then you change over and do a chamber dive.  A hot lunch is provided, the cost is £40.

They are booked up for this year, but is it something you might be interested in.  They are sending me some info, but I would be interested to see how many might like to go.

·
Shipwrecked & Comatose, drinking fresh mango juice
2,614 Posts
Imported post

<font color='#810541'>I'd be keen on doing that - as you say they are booked up for this year, I guess it'll be sometime in 2005 so hopefully I should have enough notice to organise time off!

Andy

·
T.L.S. More dives than posts
688 Posts
Imported post

Sounds like an experience not to be missed.shifts permitting i'm interested

·
Street Cleansing Operative
4,427 Posts
Imported post

<font color='#000080'>I've been told I'm going on this so you'd better count me in.

·
Banned
71 Posts
Imported post

<font color='#32CD32'>Count me in pleez i'll b up for the weekend cos i live a bit far.

·
Small, yet perfectly formed...
3,299 Posts
Imported post

Nick and i did the courses in york last december , i have some pics i canpost somewhere. it was really good , I was going the get a yd gig up but then other stuff got in the way.
I would recommend it!

jules

jules:D

·
old time
6,658 Posts
Imported post

<font color='#0000FF'>Nah taaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa Fiona ,,,,,,,,,, sounds like being back at work  

·
Banned
1,728 Posts
Imported post

Put me down for a place (maybe two if the wife wants to join me) let me know when you ahve more details please.

Thanks
Ian

·
Small, yet perfectly formed...
3,299 Posts
Imported post

here you go pics of the hard hat part of the dive

cant remember the detail now but i think it was something like 12 stone on lead on you, not funny when you only weigh 8 stone your self.

Interesting day out and the chamber bit was really good too. Got just as narked at 50 in there as i do in water. PMSL about nothing.

jules

1 - 12 of 12 Posts