YD Scuba Diving Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
18,557 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Imported post

Ok, my name is Louise and I am a UK hardboat virgin.

There, now that's out in the open I feel alot better.

All my diving in the UK has been off RIBs where you either wander on kitted up or mostly kitted and finish off just before jumping in.  BCs and tanks sorted and fins etc in a bag.  

The question is, what d'ya do on a hardboat?

If we need to turn up with extra boxes etc bring the kit on board then I need to change a few things around, so being prepared I thought I would go straight to the horse as it were and try to avoid looking *too* much of a numpty in Anglesey!

Cheers all....

·
Registered
18,557 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Imported post

Cheers for the help all.  Done hardboat in Melbourne in and Red Sea so ladders, entries etc are fine but obviously in the Red Sea your kit stays there and you are provided with the boxes so no concerns and in Aus you went out for one dive so were kitted up a la rib dive.

So no plastic coffins.....####. ;)

Cheers

Lou

·
Registered
18,557 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Imported post

Ooooh, now I am getting confused.  Bren, you are saying summat totally different to Terry (who should know!!)

I guess I will come prepared for all eventualities and we can agree a concensus the night before.  Shan't be doing any hardboat diving before then....unless Stoney make some serious changes, that is.

·
Registered
18,557 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Imported post

Bren, the confusion was over the suit-wearing etc.  It isn't a big deal.  All the rest is quite clear and I have not a worry at all about getting into or out of the boat - either at shore side or the big blue (grey? Green?).

My intial concern was how kitted up I should be, and what storage I needed to take on board (bag? box? goodie bag?).  Seeing as we have the skipper of at least one of the boats we plan to use it seemed prudent to ask direct!  

My confusion was that you repeated to wear a drysuit after Terry had said to turn up for his boat (at least) in normal clothes and we can suit up nearer the site and below decks.

Anyway....it'll all come out in the wash.

Lou

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.