YD Scuba Diving Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Imported post

Bristolian mermaid here in need of some diving.  Anyone out there who is diving in the winter?

·
Registered
1,755 Posts
Imported post

<font color='#000080'>Try looking in planned trips, or join the list for the Stoney gig in February, Digger is always looking for impressionable young ladies

·
old time
6,658 Posts
Imported post

<font color='#0000FF'>Old like me then ,,,,,,, Nearly 40 in 4 months

Andy

·
That's Dude with an E
12,959 Posts
Imported post

Welcome Kelpy to the crazy world of YD.

Beware Andy's only 39 but looks a lot older.  

·
Registered
797 Posts
Imported post

<font color='#000F22'>Hi Kelpy.

There's the NDC (Chepstow) or Vobster Quay in your neck of the woods. I Dive during the winter although mostly at NDC to keep skills up or try new kit configurations. It's certainly better than Vobster IMHO.

Gareth Davies:;):

·
To dive or not to dive - that's not even an option
2,998 Posts
Imported post

Loads of us dive in the winter, it's a form of madness, it is catching, but usualy cured by a 50min dive to 20m in 3 deg.

Mary's right, lots of trips, or post one yourself.

James

·
Registered
16,363 Posts
Imported post

<font color='#000080'>Hey! Age is no barrier to the Digger love charm! If you're helathy and prepared to try anything twice, you might be in luck!

OK, well get in on the boards, and you can slap me at the next YD gig. Sorry.

·
Registered
575 Posts
Imported post

<font color='#000080'>Welcome to YD “Kelpy”

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]Beware Andy's only 39 but looks a lot older.
Beware the Dude looks quite slim but he’s a lot wider

couldn’t resist that one Howard.

cheers
Bob

·
Registered
12,240 Posts
Imported post

Welcome to YD Kelpy.

As has been mentioned, get yourself on the Stoney Cove gig on the 21st Feb - they'll over 50 of us on it, and partying after with, ahem, 'sherry' and a BBQ: there shall be a contingent of Britolians (hereinafter referred to as "The Bristol Massive") resident on the sojourn; so you may be lucky enough to snag yourself a lift to boot! Seek out the one who goes by the name 'daz' - he be wise in the ways of travel from your neck of the woods.

Cheers,

·
Not as tall in real life
4,059 Posts
Imported post

That'll be me then!

Well currently I know of myself, my better half.  Also Dave (cideriup) and his lovely wife.  Also Wacker is probably going to join us.  I am also going to see if I can get Mika, Big Neill and Wrighty plus anyone else I can think of to tag along.

I guess I should consider getting my backside into gear and confirming names and who is driving so we can see what is available space wise.

I'll report back in with any availability for car shares.

Anyway, Welcome Kelpy, glad to see you online and posting.  I have been diving over the winter and plan to do some more (Probably quarries with the coast the way it is  
).

If I actually get organised or plan up front to dive in the near future (Rather than just deciding last minute on a whim!)  I will post where and when.

Daz

·
Street Cleansing Operative
4,427 Posts
Imported post

<font color='#000080'>Hello Kelpy, welcome and congratulations on joining the best diving website there is!

I'd be glad to go diving this month but this is the time of year for my suit to go in for repair and my regs to get serviced. But don't miss Stoney on 21st February - it is big and it is clever!

Now just so you can't complain that nobody warned you:

STAY AWAY FROM DIGGER! HE'S A VERY BAD BOY!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts