YD Scuba Diving Forums banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
:embarassed: tut tut, how careless we sometimes are with our expensive equipment, I happen to have aquired a nice looking knife from the sea bed in Scapa Flow, if you have lost one there recently, maybe at the end of July or start of August between the F2 wreck and the barge, all you need to do is post an accurate description and I will return it post haste. ( No guessing please ).

·
PADI Internet Specialty Diver
10,679 Posts
Mine is in the garage where it always is. I have kept it there for 10 years and not lost it yet.

Chris

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Is it lost forever ?

Well, not many replies leads me to think that people write there stuff off if they lose it in the water, maybe this could start a healthy trend of honesty among the diving community, maybe we should have an amnesty for all those people who have found kit on the seabed to come clean and declare it in the hope that it could be returned to the unfortunate owner, what do you think, will this happen or would you say that it's the only way people who are careless with their kit will ever learn to secure it properly ?

I'm sure that if you have lost kit in the past, you may have an opinion.:embarassed:

·
Beach-bum-Blonde Mafia ;o)
6,935 Posts
Do you think it might have been carried from Pemrokeshire, along with a Mares Quatro fin ?
Ah, now then, we found a blue Mares Quattro fin this morning - size Small - I reckon it must have had a much longer journey though ;)

·
Registered
3,717 Posts
a truly amazing amount of kit gets lost in scapa ....most of it being found by the next divers onto the wreck ....a pretty good unofficial system of reuniting it with its owners exists .. .... usually a pint is the going reward for the finder.

hopefully this knife will find its way home :D

H

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Incidently guys and gals,
I did find another piece of useful dive gear in the same week (28 July to 4 Aug) on the wreck of the Karlsruhe, again,
if it can be accurately described I will return it.

·
Registered
2,774 Posts
Without wishing to appear in the least bit careless - it wasn't my mask was it? A Scubapro Mini ? with IQ slapstrap or a Vytec, carried from Weybourne, Norfolk?

Dianne

why is it I never loose cheap tat?:frown:

·
Extracting the Urine
4,056 Posts
assuming no-one claims it, If it's a TREX knife i'll buy it or donate to RNLI as i have the holder etc but no bloody knife:angry:

·
Registered
5,258 Posts
... maybe at the end of July or start of August between the F2 wreck and the barge ... ( No guessing please ).
Did you find it before or after the 14th August?

We did the F2 & barge on the 14th and at the end of the week someone (not me :) ) found that he had lost his knife but was not sure when.

If found after the 14th I'll get John, ahem, the careless owner, to contact you just in case it is his.

·
"Dyson with Death" diver!
2,081 Posts
I haven't lost a knife, BUT my sister lost a Kowalski torch near to the Scilla three weeks ago. It wasn't even hers but lent to her by her DO...AND it wasn't even HIS:eek:mg: If anyone has found this or knows someone who has then please let me know.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Did you find it before or after the 14th August?

We did the F2 & barge on the 14th and at the end of the week someone (not me :) ) found that he had lost his knife but was not sure when.

If found after the 14th I'll get John, ahem, the careless owner, to contact you just in case it is his.
Sorry me old duck but it was found before the 14th August, in fact as far as I can remember it was found on the 31st July in the afternoon.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.