YD Scuba Diving Forums banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
any one been to eight acre lake just out side Hull, its fun ! for all you Differs out there its the place to be.

Viz good too. :)

·
Registered
5,602 Posts
any one been to eight acre lake just out side Hull, its fun ! for all you Differs out there its the place to be.

Viz good too. :)
I was wondering if that counts as a commercial post...?

·
Registered
4,456 Posts
eightacre.

Surely this is a wind up.. Its not the first time you've posted such a blatant silly advert thinly veiled as a question.

If its not a wind up, why not actually contribute to the forums in a normal way and possibly just possibly drum up some interest in what you have to offer by charming us with wit, pictures & off course free beer :beer:.

Davie.

·
Registered
1,682 Posts
is it true you have to pre-book and only takes around 30 or so. this is very off putting,a bit like blue lagoon only 6m:angel:

·
Scallop serial killer
1,311 Posts
I think he's suggesting that those idiot enough to be DiFF are rubbish divers and will find ourselves at home in his shallow muddy puddle....how very rude.

Am off to lie in the bath with my snorkel on instead. Again.

Reactions: Buoyant Babe

·
All hail the mighty ZOM
26,851 Posts
It's great viz until you add divers. Then it quickly turns into Mulligatawny Soup. Mind you that may be due to the enormous silt fight we had which muddied the viz just a tad. Still. Solo diving is big and clever. Especially when you have no idea which way is up of if you have a buddy. A bit like UK cave diving I would suspect.

·
Atomic Blonde and Midjit Idjit
16,469 Posts
He/She has hardly gone overboard here with promotional posts. If it's not your cup of tea, which it isn't to me, you can ignore it can't you?
Perhaps not, but nearly every one of their 13 posts to date is a plug for the Eight Acre site.

Jay has done an excellent job in keeping YD free for us all and the legitimate sponsors and advertisers contribute towards this - I am very grateful to them.

I agree there are other people on the boards, who run dive businesses or associated companies, who probably do well out of YD and who do not appear to sponsor the site. However, they do contribute to the discussion and camaraderie of the boards and do not seem - IMHO - to use their input as a shameless way of plugging their own services and lining their own pockets.

Just my tuppence.

Hxxx

·
All hail the mighty ZOM
26,851 Posts
I agree there are other people on the boards, who run dive businesses or associated companies, who probably do well out of YD and who do not appear to sponsor the site. However, they do contribute to the discussion and camaraderie of the boards and do not seem - IMHO - to use their input as a shameless way of plugging their own services and lining their own pockets.
Want any finstraps?
Just my tuppence.
*snigger*

·
Registered
5,235 Posts
I'm hoping to balance the commercial post with this uncommercial one...

I dived 8 acre last year and the viz was awful as was the road to it. I'll not be going back. Anyway, I heard that the dive centre had closed and was now a fishing lake - good move if you ask me.

·
on last legs
890 Posts
Anyway, I heard that the dive centre had closed and was now a fishing lake - good move if you ask me.
It was up for sale recently for a mere 2million squids!!
I'm pretty damn sure I could hire a couple of diggers and do the same job for a lot less than that:teeth: Oh - and the viz would be a bit clearer:teeth:

Helen - keep your tuppence out of it :p lol

1 - 20 of 28 Posts