YD Scuba Diving Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Banned
1,793 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Imported post

Went for a splash early this morning.  Towards the end of the dive I had arrived at around 4m (max depth 9m) having finned quite hard for a few minutes to get where I wanted to be.

Then I felt a weird, warm, light-headedness - a bit like when the room spins when you've had too much Stella...  Quite pleasant actually, but not a good thing underwater!
Must confess to reaching for the crack bottle in case the lights looked like going out...

I had exactly the same thing in Sharm in January - and two others had the same thing at the same time.

So, what the hell was it?  
  Anyone else had similar?

·
Registered
93 Posts
Imported post

Could be an ear problem.  I get this sometimes when my ears do not equalise properly on the descent, coming back up I hear creaking noises and feel slightly dizzy.  A slower ascent usually works for me.

·
Registered
246 Posts
Imported post

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Mdemon @ Sep. 28 2003,16:41)]Went for a splash early this morning.  Towards the end of the dive I had arrived at around 4m (max depth 9m) having finned quite hard for a few minutes to get where I wanted to be.

Then I felt a weird, warm, light-headedness - a bit like when the room spins when you've had too much Stella...  Quite pleasant actually, but not a good thing underwater!
Must confess to reaching for the crack bottle in case the lights looked like going out...

I had exactly the same thing in Sharm in January - and two others had the same thing at the same time.

So, what the hell was it?  
  Anyone else had similar?
I had this too follow this link ;- http://www.yorkshire-divers.co.uk/cgi-bin....;t=3762 and this one ;_http://www.yorkshire-divers.co.uk/cgi-bin/ikonboard/ikonboard.cgi?act=ST;f=15;t=3737

Tony

·
Banned
1,793 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Imported post

Ah.  I'm not alone.

Thanks very much for that - it makes sense too.  I had the tail-end of a cold so there could have been a blockage.

I guess the warmth was warmed water forcing its way past the wax!  Yum.

(For those who can't be bothered following the link, the "cure" is to stop ascending/drop a short way, equalise properly and try again.)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts