YD Scuba Diving Forums banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
1,814 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Imported post

Hiya!

Just to introduce myself just over 2 years ago I was petrified to put my face under water and now I just can't get enough ( and what about the diving!!!!)

Anyway, now I am a mere AOW diver with 42 logged dives from Turkey, Gozo and the maldives....and currently looking forward to a trip to Sharm next month...

Looking forward to chatting to you all soon....

Scubachick  

·
Registered
2,773 Posts
Imported post

<font color='#000080'>Welcome to YD, you will find it a friendly lot here :)) and very informative.

Scuba1 & Moray

·
Registered
1,814 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Imported post

Hello back to Malta!

I was at Gozo in August for the second year runnind and love it there!!

I was just wondering how I could put my photo onto my post? When i tried to load it it said it was too big...

Can you shed any light???

Scubachick  

·
Registered
1,121 Posts
Imported post

<font color='#0000FF'>Okay so I'm jealous.....

Been to loads of places I want to dive!

To upload a file it has to be less than 30.7Kb

·
Registered
1,814 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Imported post

Hi driftwood!

Oh bugger! My file is huge!!!!

Not going to get it on here then as I'm not an IT head!!! Too thick to know how to decompress it...especially when I've been on the vodka and red bull!! LOVL!!!

scubachick

·
Registered
1,814 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Imported post

Ummm, you mean I'm not over the hill with a birthdate of 1972
LOVL! Still see myself as a chick though!!!!

Scubachick  

·
Registered
377 Posts
Imported post

<font color='#728FCE'>Welcome to YD and enjoy yourself, safe diving in the red sea.

·
Banned
1,844 Posts
Imported post

I'll add to the list of hello's you're bound to get.

Welcome to YD Scubachick. I'm sure you'll find "most" of us an allright bunch. I gather you're not too much into UK diving! We'll soon get that one sorted out. I'm not too sure where Mansfield is, but I stay in Mansewood so it can't be too far away.

Don't worry about your age. You're actually one of the Spring Chickens compared to some of the old dears on the board.
**peter puts on Kevlar helmet and flak jacket in anticipation of every other female on the board**

Take care and safe diving wherever you are!!
Peter

·
old time
6,658 Posts
Imported post

<font color='#0000FF'>Hi ya from Dover.

I'm also like you, i consider myself to be a SPRING COCK, opp's yeah thats right , a male hen is a cock
GOD can't wait til next APril, life begins at 40 or so they say.

Havefun reading all the nutters postings & if ya wanna know anything , just ask away .
Wherever you dive do it safe.

ANdy

·
Not as tall in real life
4,059 Posts
Imported post

Welcome to the boards feel free to ask any questions.

I have dived in some of the places you have been but still love diving in the UK, try it you might just like it  

And remember :- Experience and cunning always wins over youth and enthusiasm.  

Daz

Born in 1969 but still feel like 21.

·
Registered
1,814 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Imported post

Thanks guys

You are all making me feel  very welcome....

Are there many fellow female divers posting on here as all my replies seem to be from the male variety up to yet???!!!

Scubachick

·
Street Cleansing Operative
4,427 Posts
Imported post

<font color='#000080'>Welcome to YD and lets hope we can get you into some UK water.

There are plenty of us around the North West and Midlands, so you've no excuse for a buddy to get you into the oggin.

This is probably the friendliest diving forum in the UK, if not the world, and I'm sure you'll be very welcome. Plenty of characters and not many egos. We'd love to hear about your diving experiences around the world so do get involved.

Yes, there are plenty of ladies in YD; they'll be posting their welcomes just as soon as the stampede of sad, old gits has subsided (it happens every time there's a female addition to the board!).

Dive safe.

·
DUE CEO, Booking agent, Coffee maker & Dogsbody...
10,161 Posts
Imported post

Hi from another sad old git,

Enjoy the boards, lots of female members on here, but i think they are usually catching up on the washing and ironing at the weekend.

If you ever fancy a dive out of Dover give me a shout, all levels and experience catered for.

Dive Safe

Paul

·
Registered
32 Posts
Imported post

<font color='#32CD32'>hi scubachick, ask away and someone will answer, well thats the plan. enjoy sharm its fantastic. post on your return. where are you going to in sharm
? best of luck simon:D

·
Registered
12,240 Posts
Imported post

Hiya Chick,

Glad you're finding it a nice place to be on YD - we like it and hope you will too. Welcome aboard and get in amongst it, if we can help we will, so please just ask away.

Cheers,

·
Registered
23 Posts
Imported post

<font color='#FF0000'>Hi scubachick

Welcome to YD from one of the female members of the group, too busy watching the footie, rugby and out drinking this weekend drowning my sorrows as have had a chest infection so unable to dive

forget the ironong and cleaning lifes too short for that

Take care
Bobcat

·
Registered
91 Posts
Imported post

[b said:
Quote[/b] (scubachick1972 @ Oct. 18 2003,13:56)]Thanks guys

You are all making me feel  very welcome....

Are there many fellow female divers posting on here as all my replies seem to be from the male variety up to yet???!!!

Scubachick
Hello scubachick, I'm a fellow female. I havn't been here very long and I'm new to diving myself. I live in Kent, I've found YD to be funny, friendly and informative.

You've been to some great places, I'm hoping to go back to the Caribbean next year, I have been there twice before but could'nt dive at the time so I plan to make up for it.

Send me an e mail if you want to chat

sue

Ps oops sorry. Welcome

·
Registered
1,370 Posts
Imported post

<font color='#FF0000'>Hay welcome lass, you gota give the british briny a go just to say youve tried the rest and done the best.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts