YD Scuba Diving Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Imported post

Can anybody recommend any decent dives around south yorkshire, I live in blackpool now but come back to sheffield every fortnight. Does anybody no if you can dive ladybower or derwent especially around the area of the sunken village ive asked a few friends in sheff but no one knows who to contact. tried the water authority but not very helpful.  

·
Registered
12,240 Posts
Imported post

Hi There, Bpooldiver, and Welcome to YD,

There is a thread in 'UK Sites' below covering these and other reservoirs, including, if memory serves, Ladybower and the 'sunken village'. Have a gander through that little lot and good luck. From what I can remember, there's nothing left of the village other than plies of stones.

As for diving around South Yorks, can't say I've ever donned a dry bag for the pleasure of it - most of the Sheff, Chesterfield, Deryshire team tend to go for Stoney Cove or else where. That said, you being in Liverpool, you're in striking distance of Angelsey, the Lakes and Capernwray too. If you need a buddy, check out the Buddy section below, as you may get lucky in finding some one who can give you help.

Cheers,

1 - 2 of 2 Posts