YD Scuba Diving Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2,115 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Imported post

Just like to say hi, and yes I’m a southern shandy drinking person.  Just a bit about my background.  I started diving oh !!!  about 20 years ago in Cyprus with the Forces.  Lots of fun around some areas, early days of topless beaches and all that.  This was before the days of BCD’s and god knows what else, done some daft things in those days.  Stopped for some 15 years or so, started a few years back done the PADI, OW, and AOW, intends to do the Nitrox course in the next few months.  I now clocked up 90 dives since starting again, and still learning.  Spent a fortune on kit, I think that’s because it’s a lot safer these days and you tend to use a lot more kit, better training (if fact training).  I even use a pony, I think the older you get the wiser and more concuss of what can go wrong.  
Anyway maybe one day we will end up diving in the same bit of water.  

Sean
Ps how do you get the little picture next to ones name kinda good that.    

·
Just not enough dive time.
9,135 Posts
Imported post

Nothing wrong with being a Southern softy shandy drinker, there are a few of us on here so welcome and enjoy the banter. It tends to be polite on here, for some odd reason, the same people have a right go at each other on Handbagnet (I should know), two sides of the same coin I think, still it makes it good that we can forget our hammering and come on here and be civil.
Dive safe
Matt

·
C-in-C the Amphibious Contingent
1,421 Posts
Imported post

Welcome Sean, nice to have you with us.  We're civil here, the moderators keep us in touch!  Look forward to reading you on the boards.  Dive safely.  :froggy:

·
Registered
281 Posts
Imported post

EEh bah goom Sean (only kidding!!) nice to have you on the board yes it's funny how we manage by and large to stick to talking about diving on here instead of pursuing bizarre vendettas etc etc...by the way do the nitrox course for sure, although if my experience is anything to go by the price of voodoo gases means you will mostly breathe air anyway...

·
Gone...and probably best forgotten
1,403 Posts
Imported post

hello sean welcome to YD. feel free to post as much as you want, dont be shy!!

·
Registered
32 Posts
Imported post

Hi there Sean,

Welcome aboard - so then you a pongo, bootneck or a jolly jacker - careful you may get some stick.  

Ian Daly

·
Registered
34 Posts
Imported post

Hi Sean and another welcome to YD's
I suppose today all you "southern shandy drinkers" are trying to figure out how to get a brand new £80 K Volvo from the English Channel to dry land in the quickest time possible.
Safe diving and always Risk Assesss....

PHB

·
DUE CEO, Booking agent, Coffee maker & Dogsbody...
10,161 Posts
Imported post

Hi Sean from another southern softie shandy drinking Ex Squaddie. I was in Cyprus in 1980 on a Lion Sun then posted there in 1990, know what you mean about the changes there.

Unfortunatly i did not get into diving until later.

Enjoy the boards - i do.

Dive safe

Paul

·
Registered
288 Posts
Imported post

Hi Sean
Welcome to the boards - as a Northener who lived for years in the South I can honestly say that its not all bad down there!! No doubt we'll read lots of your posts and maybe see you on a YD trip beyond the Watford gap sometime!!
Cheers
John

1 - 9 of 9 Posts