YD Scuba Diving Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Banned
1,844 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Imported post

Hi all,
      My names peter. I live in Glasgow(sunny). Done approx 200+ dives in Scottyland(SSAC  M/diver)
Bren posted on handbags.net that some Edinburgh divers were coming on here thinking they run the show. If there is one thing I enjoy more than getting stuck into Ingerlanders, It's Edinbores.
PS Matt you don't escape me anywhere
Peter

·
Resident Princess & 'Ned Redresser'
194 Posts
Imported post

Hey Peter!

Just posted a response to yours in the "Planned Trips" section.  Thought you were being helpful!  Didn't realise you were a Weegie! :wink:

Yep,  some of the "Edinbores" you are referring to would be myself and my hubby, Gavin.  Well, actually he's English (although I generally don't hold that against him :smile:) and I was born a Falkirk Bairn.  

We do, however, now live in Auld Reekie!

Welcome to these boards Peter.  I think you'll find us a friendly bunch.  We like to get over to the West Coast when not diving at Dive Site X (aka - shhh! St Abbs).

Hope to dive with you before too long mate.

Welcome again.

Fiona

·
Registered
1,786 Posts
Imported post

Hi there Pete, welcome to the boards me old son, we appear to be getting more sweaties on here than is healthy for us Sassenachs but then again we couldn't keep you lot out with a bloody great wall so I don't suppose keeping you out of here was ever going to happen..

Scotland has most of my favourite diving, you lot have it all you jammy b*stards!!...

Anyway hope to catch you soon on a visit north mate.

Best regards
Dave.

·
Banned
1,844 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Imported post

Hiya Fee,
       Any time you fancy a swim with the fishies over here give me a shout.
Dave,
    Life is a bugger intit

·
Banned
1,389 Posts
Imported post

Yorkshire divers? My arse. Full of bleedin jocks and all the better for it.  Keep em coming. Did Scapa for the first time this year but I've got a sneaking suspicion I'll be spending a lot more time on the heathen side of the border -just got to modify me accent back to its original STRIIIINE to avoid Rob Roy type bollocks.
Been laughing me back off at Billy creating a stir on bitchernet. Top wallah.
Cheers all

·
Banned
1,844 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Imported post

Scapa, Don't make me laugh. I have had a barney with someone before over Scapa. The best swimming up there is nowhere near the German wrecks. The outer Isles is the place to go>

·
Registered
12,240 Posts
Imported post

Err...s'cuse me Peter....don't just leave it there and keep us all unqualified and uneducated.....explain yourself sir!!!

The diving/'swimmin' in the Outer Isles is how good?? Give us all the gravy!!!

Cheers,

·
C-in-C the Amphibious Contingent
1,421 Posts
Imported post

Hi Peter and welcome.  Glasgow residing frog, dive locally.  Look forward to reading you.  Be safe, and dive safely.  Ribbet.  :froggy:

·
Banned
1,389 Posts
Imported post

C'mon then Peter- elucidate.  I have to say I wasn't as impressed by the Scapa wrecks as I thought I'd be -even though the craic was mighty -and I'm busy organising club trips for next year.  I keep hearing about these great wrecks up your way but no actual detail.  How about it?

·
Just not enough dive time.
9,135 Posts
Imported post

Bugger,
he gets everywhere.
Hiya, now just remember that on here we are POLITE to each other we reserve the right to cus and bitch on Handbagnet though. Good to see you over here, catch u later.
Matt

·
Banned
1,844 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Imported post

If anyone knows how to search back on handbagnet I put a full weeks hardboat diving(Scapa) on the wrecks forum. I have tried and can't find it. Feel free to lift it and post it here.

·
Registered
104 Posts
Imported post

Been laughing me back off at Billy creating a stir on bitchernet. Top wallah.
Cheers all
[/quote]

Welcome aboard Wee Pete, I hope Billy, Gallacher and Steph M join in soon.  Rob, I have enjoyed many a dive trip with Billy and his bloody stories.  I notice that there are two numpties on jessienet who are objecting to the big man.  I wait to see billy's comments, probably full of sarcasm and piss taking.:biggrin:

·
Banned
1,389 Posts
Imported post

He sounds like a bit of a scamp - idea for a thread on the board I reckon, tales on and off the boat. I've got one or two.  Why isn't he on board here like the rest of you SSAC fugees?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts