YD Scuba Diving Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
314 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Imported post

hi you lot. just registered on your site. nice to find so much useful and useless info. i'm adv ow with 27 dives logged. looking forward to doing rescue diver in feb/march sometime. i'm always up for a dive anytime.

·
Registered
1,121 Posts
Imported post

Rescue diver course is hard work but a great laugh - you should really enjoy it.

Feel free to post loads of useless info or banter... We love it!

·
Registered
12,240 Posts
Imported post

Hey Ian,

Welcome to the boards of YD mate.

Congrats on getting your AOW out of the way and good luck on you Rescue Diver. Mine was tough, but damned enjoyable - they say (and I whole-heartedly agree with them) that you only begin to learn about diving once you're on and have passed your Resuce course: kit, config, Medic, breathing, 'what-ifs'? etc. Any thing that makes you think has gotta be a good thing, right?

The other piece of advice I'd give is get as much diving done as you can (UK or abroad) so that your kit and config become second nature and you learn 'what to do when.....?'

On that note, please consider yourself invited to any of the troop dives we've posted. And don't be shy in suggesting any of your own either! You'll invariably get offers from folk to join you.

Take care, dive safe and welcome again.

(Edited by Bren Tierney at 2:45 pm on Jan. 8, 2003)

·
C-in-C the Amphibious Contingent
1,421 Posts
Imported post

Welcome.  Good to have you with us.  Look forward to reading you on the boards, take care and dive safely.  Ribbet.  :froggy:

·
Not as tall in real life
4,059 Posts
Imported post

Welcome Ian,

Let us know how the rescue course goes and post any amusing incidents on your return.  If I get chance I will post my 2 favourite rescue course experiences.

Regards,
Darren

1 - 6 of 6 Posts