YD Scuba Diving Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Imported post

Hello all,

I am from Nottingham and think that I can say that I do quite a bit of (mostly UK) diving - not all at Stoney! or Dosthill. I have enjoyed diving at St Abbs and the Farnes, Orkneys, West Coast of Scotland, Capernwray, Rhyll, Anglesey, Pembrokeshire, S. Coast from Lamorna cove to Poole Harbour,  Thornwick, Robin Hoods Bay, Whitby ....
Also had pleasure from diving off Malta, Crete, Egypt and Canaries.

I don't expect to post much, probably just hover and pick up your  tips and info - We shall see, but from what I have seen this forum has less timewasting than others which could be mentioned and there generally seems better attitude among members.
If I am not on much or don't reply it is probably because I am diving or doing something outside and cannot get myself as organised as some of you obviously are to spend time on the board.

I plan to be at Swanage this weekend (5/6th July) with white VW van on pier - if anyone is there and wants to say hello .

Oh yes, I am PADI OWSI since 1999 but do not make a living out of instructing. Thats about it I think.

·
Not as tall in real life
4,059 Posts
Imported post

<font color='#000080'>Welcome to the boards Clive,

Hope to meet up sometime,   my usual haunts are the southcoast, Brixham, Meadfoot, Babbacombe etc..

Daz

·
Registered
12,240 Posts
Imported post

Hey Clive,

Your are indeed welcome mate.

Nottingham. Lovely place, I spent nigh-on three years living in Sherwood. Happy days too.

As with Daz, hope to see you on a wet some time.

Cheers,

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Imported post

How nice a couple of greets already.

Thanks Daz. It has been some time since I have been in alongside the harbour wall at Brixham or in Hope Bay so maybe I will be down your way soon.

Thanks to you to Bren.  The wonderful thing about Nottingham is it is nearly as easy (or as far) to get to any part of the coast.

·
C-in-C the Amphibious Contingent
1,421 Posts
Imported post

Good Evening Clive.  Malta's good, we're going back in November.  PM me if you want really cheap (and fairly good) hotel accom, and flights.  I've found an hotel 7 nights DB&B for £40 a week...  Take care and dive safely.  

1 - 5 of 5 Posts