YD Scuba Diving Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
481 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Imported post

Hi,

I followed a link over here from DNet (been a member there a while) and love the site, so I thought I'd register and introduce myself...

Very briefly I've been diving about 2 years and have a little more than 50 dives so far, almost all in the UK and the vast majority this year. I dive mostly with my BSAC branch in the South East (sorry) - Channel in the summer and wherever I can in winter! Very recently I started diving with a couple of people I met via e-mail too and that has been great, a real eye-opener.

It's cool to see some names here that have helped me in the past on DNet - look forward to gleaning what I can from your experiences on YD too!

Cheers,

Fraser.

·
Exiled in Scotland...
6,286 Posts
Imported post

<font color='#000080'>Hi Fraser,

Nice to see you migrating over to THE diving forum. As I'm sure your aware by now the folks who frequent this forum are very nice and always on hand with first rate info and banter. There are lots of great divers on here who'll be pleased to dive with you or just piont you towards the waters edge. I'm sure you know where to look, whether its just for a local buddy to a buddy locally to where your visiting, to great organised trips to the best places around Britain. I look forward to reading your posts and perhaps diving with you in the future.

Welcome aboard.

Dave C

·
Registered
12,240 Posts
Imported post

Fraser mate,

Welcome to YD. Get in amongst it and get yourself on a dive with us - see Planned Trips.

Cheers,

·
DUE CEO, Booking agent, Coffee maker & Dogsbody...
10,161 Posts
Imported post

Hi Fraser

Welcome to the forum. Lots of SE Divers om here. See you in the channel sometime.

Dive Safe

Paul

·
Registered
481 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Imported post

Hi guys,

Thanks for the replies.

Bren and Dave,

I'm looking forward to diving with some of you in the near future, I've had a quick look at the planned trips and am well up for some of those. I'm quite a nervous fellow so will just have to build up the courage first!

Paul,

I have a feeling we may have met already, if that was you that came along to Leybourne to help out my club (Medway) the other week?? Did it rain...

Cheers,

Fraser.

·
10,161 Posts
Imported post

Hi Fraser

Yup, that was me.Not only diving a muddy puddle but a wet miserable day as well. Were you at the Xmas do last sat? I quite enjoyed that although the Stella was a bit steep. Never mind still sunk lots

Dive Safe

Paul

·
Registered
481 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Imported post

Hi Paul,

Yeah I was there although I turned up pretty late and got stuck with the section of our club that only dive abroad, I don't know any of them so I just sat in the corner and kept quiet!

Three quid a go for the beer was a bit steep...

See you soon hopefully!

Cheers,

Fraser.

·
old time
6,658 Posts
Imported post

<font color='#0000FF'>£ 3 quid a beer,,,,,,,,,,thought that was only in some back street northern monkey town..

Anyway welcome frazer,, may also see ya in the salty stuff of Dover amongst the ferry fumes and little fellas paddling acroos one way in a rubber dinghy.

Andy
Taurus Diving
Dover

By the way Paul , what is the going ratefor one way trips per person ? even could get me **** at the same time

·
10,161 Posts
Imported post

Andy

2-3 Days in our nick then out on their ear if we are lucky, if not then about 6 months on the Social and a council house.

By the way if you ever see Documents ie Passports floating in the channel, grab them and give me a shout as it helps a lot to throw them out.

Dive Safe

Paul

·
old time
6,658 Posts
Imported post

<font color='#0000FF'>Damm and i have just sold my passport for £ 80,000

·
Registered
481 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Imported post

Hi Andy,

Heheheheh, yeah some of my club were going out on the RIB at the time the RNLI boys were bringing that dinghy and muppets back IN to port... did those guys ever get thrown out?

See you sometime soon hopefully!

Cheers,

Fraser.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts