YD Scuba Diving Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey!

It took a while but I've finally plucked up the courage to say hi!

My buddy of choice (de boyfriend) introduced me to the wonderful world of Yorshire divers last year and I've been lurking ever since.

I'm from Dublin - have only been diving for a couple of years but I've racked up a good few dives and am currently giving the 3* Leading diver a lash! Yes - I'm CMAS - be nice!!

Have to say mainly dive all around the stunning Irish coast - but last year had the holiday of a lifetime in Scapa Flow - starting to like the deepies - and the fella is a really great diver making it all even more fun!! 3 weeks to the Red sea for my first warm water diving - cannot wait!

We're about to do a Search and Recovery course tomorrow - first time to dive in a river - not a clue what we're in for - but sure here goes!

Anyway - hello everyone and happy Friday!

nee

·
Registered
4,456 Posts
Hi Nee, welcome to YD, sound slike your getting plenty variety in yoru diving, keep it up and share some details of your dives with us all.

Davie.

·
Registered
2,928 Posts
Hi Nee
Welcome to YD:)
Now you've had the courage to make your first posting I hope you will continue to contribute, we seem to have a growing number of members from ireland and I understand the diving is pretty splendid.

·
Creature of the night
14,183 Posts
Hi Nee,

a warm welcome to YD, good luck with your S&R course [just don't bring a live grenade up like one of my club once did :eek:] and enjoy the boards.

Safe diving,
Steve

·
Thinking Rude thoughts
239 Posts
growing number of members from ireland and I understand the diving is pretty splendid.
Yer not wrong there. Someone did a report recently here on a trip to Killary which is pretty damn good. We're off to my favourite diving in Ireland next weekend - Malinbeg. Remote inlet with a 80 steps down to load the boat (and 80 back up to fill the bottles!!) but the diving is excellent. Will be sure to post a report and a few piccies!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Ta!

Thank you all for your kind welcomes!

Will indeed post again with the odd report or 2 - not so sure the SAR course in some river will live up to West coast diving tho! ;)

Spot on Bigfeller - roll on Malinbeg!

nee

1 - 9 of 9 Posts