YD Scuba Diving Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Resident Sprog Plod
835 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Imported post

Hi, new to the site so just a quick note to say hello.
The names Ben and Im from Hebden Bridge right on the lancs / York border. I did all my training down at Stoney Cove and most of my buddies are down south which is obviously no use to anyone! Im desperate to hook up with some proper northern divers and get as many dives under my belt as soon as poss! Unfortunately the most northern diver I know is from Birmingham!!!!!

I have transportation and can travel pretty much anywhere. If anyones stuck for a buddy anytime or fancies organising a diving trip somewhere (especially if it involves the sea!) give us a shout as Im always up for it.
Hopefully speak to you all soon.

·
Registered
1,786 Posts
Imported post

Hiya Ben, welcome to the fold...

If you can't find a buddy here then you'll never find one, there bloody loads of us.... ;)

·
C-in-C the Amphibious Contingent
1,421 Posts
Imported post

Welcome Ben, nice to have you with us.  We're growing always room for more.  Dive safely.

·
Gone...and probably best forgotten
1,403 Posts
Imported post

hello ben was in your neck of the woods the other day.  keep lookin at the boards for trips, and good to have you with us.

·
Registered
275 Posts
Imported post

Welcome aboard Ben, plenty of buddies for you on here! just post an invite!

·
Registered
1,099 Posts
Imported post

Hi Ben
You'll find plenty of like minded divers here, with a variety of trips on the cards. No shortage of divers in the North.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Imported post

Ben

Welcome aboard!

A couple of us are diving at Treadour Bay tomorrow morning (I know it is late) but you are very welcome to join us on the RIB to view the wrecks etc.

If not, we'll see you next time - keep making them bubbles!

·
235 Posts
Imported post

Don't want to be  a wet blanket but when I rang the dive shop at Trearddur Bay 4pm 30th was told it was only fit for wind surfing.   If you see this before you leave suggest you check with them at 01407 860318 - we are going to try Whitley Bay area - Browns Bay, St Marys Island etc.

·
Registered
281 Posts
Imported post

hope you all got wet. I was land based this weekend. Eric if you're ever diving the Whitley Bay area (or fancy it) give me a holler - or even better if you're off up Beadnell... :confined:

·
235 Posts
Imported post

Sadly didn't see your post until we returned.   Originally pitched the Bear Necessities Hilton at Whitley Bay and dived St Marys Island in 1M vis.   Okay for me but all my buddy say was my fins.   Someone suggested Beadnell so we moved camp to Caravan Club site at Beadnell Bay where we were diving straight across the road and along the reef.   Very good vis. and plenty of life inc. some very large lobster.   Inspired by what I had read on YD had a day at St Abbs and some truly splendid diving including Cathedral Rock.   At one point on the first dive here we were joined by a Cormorant which dived just in front of us to a depth of at least 4M and you've guessed it my camera was in my BCD.   Met some splendid folk and did some great diving.   'Fraid that's it for UK diving this year I will just have to make do with the 8 weeks I have coming up on Malta where oddly enough I will be doing some diving with a guy from Whitley Bay who now lives out there.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Imported post

Hiya Ben, hope you had a good trip in Egypt. Don't forget yer brother in law that got ya into all this malarky!!!
Got the dry suit so lets get down and get with it!!

·
Registered
12,240 Posts
Imported post

That's what I like to see - YD....bringing families together ;)

1 - 13 of 13 Posts