YD Scuba Diving Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Armchair diver and slummy mummy
592 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Imported post

Hello

I've finally registered with Yorkshire Divers and thought I should introduce myself. I'm Josie and I learnt to dive this year with a BSAC club here in Edinburgh (I'm not Scottish, I'm from the south east of engerland but I hated living there, so I moved up to Edinburgh). I've been dipping in and out of the website, as my partner (or fiance) dcrampt (or DaveC) registered back in July.

I've met some YD people in the pub in Edinburgh (Gav, Drifty, Fi, Graham (x 2) and Graham's wife) and at the dive show in Brum (Bren, Wetlettuce, Daz). Oh yes, and Steve (Butch) who Dave knows from a former life.

It's quite amazing how small the diving community is. I qualified in June and we went to Menorca in September. We met somebody who lives on the south coast who learnt to dive with people are members of our club in Edinburgh (and Dave knows Steve from a former life, as I've already said). Look forward to seeing some of you in Anglesey in December (Mark Davies, Parahandy et al) - hopefully my new drysuit will have arrived!!

Look forward to hearing from you, and maybe getting some good advice from the forum, and maybe I'll get more "Hellos" than Dave! (not that we're competitive or anything....)

·
Not as tall in real life
4,059 Posts
Imported post

Hi Josie,

Good to meet you again and glad you decided to join in.  

I seem to remember reading a post from Dave earlier on today discussing the virtues of have a better half who dives.

Now let's see if you can find it before Dave gets chance to edit it.

(Only 13 more replies to go before you beat Dave by the way  
)

Daz

·
That's Dude with an E
12,959 Posts
Imported post

Only 12 now.

Welcome Josie, now tell us all about Daves annoying habits, we won't tell anyone else  

·
Street Cleansing Operative
4,427 Posts
Imported post

<font color='#000080'>Josie,

Glad to see you've signed up and with us. Welcome. Looking forward to meeting you both in a couple of weeks.

(Daz, round my patch they'd call you a grass and petrol bomb your house!  
)

·
Armchair diver and slummy mummy
592 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Imported post

(Un) Fortunately I know most of Dave's bad habits (having lived with him for years), inlcuding spending hours on the YD website!  

Which is one of the reasons why I took up diving with him!!

·
DUE CEO, Booking agent, Coffee maker & Dogsbody...
10,161 Posts
Imported post

Josie

Greetings from the hatefull South East

Welcome to the forum and i hope you enjoy

Beating Dave's replies should be no problem, the ladies always get more reponces unless you live in Brisban.

Dive Safe

Paul

·
Registered
46 Posts
Imported post

Hi Josie,

To give you an idea of how friendly people are on here - I sent a PM to Paul asking about diving out of Dover - he replying within 10 mins with all the info I need. I'm not a regular poster but if there is anything I need to know - diving related or otherwise,this is the first place I go to.

Cheers

Dive safe

Steve

·
old time
6,658 Posts
Imported post

<font color='#0000FF'>Hi from the REAL DOVER DIVER , well Deal Actually .

Andy

1 - 10 of 10 Posts