YD Scuba Diving Forums banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Imported post

Just a short note to say hello...been diving for ten years now....a Padi divemaster with 400 plus dives.

Tend to warm water dive now....has three weeks in Thailand and on the Crescent Ketch in Burma in January.
If anyone wants info about Thailand, Khoa Lak, Phuket or Burma PM me.

Off to the Maldives for a week on the Sea Spirt end of June. Looking for a buddy for the trip if anyone is interested.

Happy diving for 2004

Chat soon

·
Registered
13,519 Posts
Imported post

<font color='#0000FF'>Adrian

I will welcome you properly, even though we have spent most of the afternoon chatting.

Have fun and dive safe.

FB

·
Registered
1,370 Posts
Imported post

<font color='#FF0000'>ok mate from another Cestrian see you about

·
To dive or not to dive - that's not even an option
2,998 Posts
Imported post

[b said:
Quote[/b] (adrianwd75 @ April 08 2004,19:38)]three weeks in Thailand and on the Crescent Ketch in Burma in January.

Off to the Maldives for a week on the Sea Spirt end of June.
Adrian

For someone I've never met, it's funny how you go off people!!!  

Have a good one and wellcome to YD, there are a few of us not so far from you so we will probably meet eventualy.

James  

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Imported post

Ok narked....well that was really a 2 ft dingy in vivian....and the the maldives trip is a week on the west coast of dorothea looking for the manta's

Adrian

·
Registered
616 Posts
Imported post

<font color='#0000FF'>adrianwd75,
welcome to yd and you got more chance of seeing manta's in dorothea than i have of seeing the maldives!!!

enjoy  

cheers
barrie

·
Registered
12,240 Posts
Imported post

Hey Adrian,

Good to speak tonight and glad you made it here - good look in Maldives; you'll love it. Feel free to get on a dive with us soon!

·
Small, yet perfectly formed...
3,299 Posts
Imported post

[b said:
Quote[/b] (adrianwd75 @ April 08 2004,21:44)]Ok narked....well that was really a 2 ft dingy in vivian....and the the maldives trip is a week on the west coast of dorothea looking for the manta's

Adrian
Adrian
That's better! it doesn't do to make folk too envious when you have just arrived! in fact you never get away with it! I think you  have the hang of renaming your destinations to make them more socially aceptable. Round here Sharm is known as Hull, so if anyone says they had a great week on a liveaboard from Hull you know what they really mean!
Welcome aboard YD and we look forward to seeing you on a trip to somewhere exotic like anglesey or scotland.

Jules

·
Street Cleansing Operative
4,427 Posts
Imported post

<font color='#000080'>Welcome aboard, Adrian. Quite a few of us in the North West (Manchester myself) and we dive Anglesey very regularly. Watch out for any trips that I'm organising (I do several a year) - you'll be most welcome to give us a try!

There's a big Anglesey weekend gig last weekend in July (look at the planned trips). Everyone who's anybody on YD will be there so it's a great opportunity to get to know the real people behind the internet personas. Put it in your diary.

·
To dive or not to dive - that's not even an option
2,998 Posts
Imported post

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Julia C @ April 09 2004,09:45)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (adrianwd75 @ April 08 2004,21:44)]Ok narked....well that was really a 2 ft dingy in vivian....and the the maldives trip is a week on the west coast of dorothea looking for the manta's

Adrian
Adrian
That's better! it doesn't do to make folk too envious when you have just arrived! in fact you never get away with it! I think you  have the hang of renaming your destinations to make them more socially aceptable. Round here Sharm is known as Hull, so if anyone says they had a great week on a liveaboard from Hull you know what they really mean!
Welcome aboard YD and we look forward to seeing you on a trip to somewhere exotic like anglesey or scotland.

Jules
Hang on a minuet!, I'm not jealous, I've nearly dived in lots of places. Just the other day I was thinking about going to Mauritius, but I thought - too common. Then I was going to do Bikini Atoll, but no, bit "name droppy". I finally went to Capernwray just so the less fortunate wouldn't feel too bad, what a saint!

James

·
Registered
39 Posts
Imported post

Welcome Adrian,

Lot more experience than me in a lot more interesting places, but I wont hold that agents you.

Welcome to YD. Lots of divers with lots of good advice.

Enjoy,

/Colin

·
Another 'former member' who's 'resting'.
20 Posts
Imported post

Adrian, loved the Maldives when I was their last year on Kandooma, try the Turtle soup its fab.

·
Registered
1,814 Posts
Imported post

Welcome aboard Adrian!

Suitably jealous that you are off to the maldives soon! We were there in feb this year and I'd go back tomorrow...it was our third trip but then how can you get bored with a place like that? Say hello to the manta's for me...I had 9 circling me on my safety stop and it was fantastic!!!

Enjoy yourself on YD

Scubachick

·
Not as tall in real life
4,059 Posts
Imported post

[b said:
Quote[/b] (adrianwd75 @ April 08 2004,19:38)]Off to the Maldives for a week on the Sea Spirt end of June. Looking for a buddy for the trip if anyone is interested.
If you are offering to pay I am more than willing to put myself out and deprive myself of UK diving to buddy you  

Welcome to YD Adrian.

Daz

P.S Just drop me a PM if you want all my details so you can book my flight  

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Imported post

Thanks Daz,

Errrr think i have to decline on the kind offer for me to pay for you to buddy with me in the Maldive....whilst I am sure you have many assets as a dive buddy on a none payment basis....to pay for a buddy to come along "SHE" would have to be as good above water as she is below....

and you do not qualify.

No hard feeling I hope.

Adrian

·
Not as tall in real life
4,059 Posts
Imported post

[b said:
Quote[/b] (adrianwd75 @ April 15 2004,17:24)]Thanks Daz,

Errrr think i have to decline on the kind offer for me to pay for you to buddy with me in the Maldive....whilst I am sure you have many assets as a dive buddy on a none payment basis....to pay for a buddy to come along "SHE" would have to be as good above water as she is below....

and you do not qualify.

No hard feeling I hope.

Adrian
Oh well got to try,

Have a great time in the Maldives, been twice, very different conditions both times but both fantastic.

Maybe I will get the chance to buddy with you in the UK and I might even pay my own way.  

Daz

P.S Just hope the wife does not see your post, she would probably take you up on the offer, she loved the Maldives as well.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts