YD Scuba Diving Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Imported post

Hi to all from Solentdiver - finally coaxed out of the shadows where I've been lurking on and off (when not on 'Handbag.net' or elsewhere..!)
I am based in the Portsmouth area - hence the handle, but do most of my diving down out of Portland or even further west if I can make it - Plymouth or Cornwall..

Been diving about 3 years, and RD+MFA, IANTD basic Nitrox level..  (Drybag, etc...)

Moved up to Twin 12s last autumn, so ready for a new season with better redundancy..!

Interested in most coastal and offshore diving, though not so keen on 'Muddy puddles'..!  (can't see the attraction of driving inland for 3 hours when I live on the coast..!)  

Cheers to one and all...

Solent

·
Registered
12,240 Posts
Imported post

Hey Solent,

Welcome aboard mate.

Firstly, you're a jammy sod living that close to the coast. And I know what you mean about 'puddles', but some of us have little option when we are, for the most part, land-locked.

That said, and as you'll no doubt read here, we've got a squad of 'YD Sowffies' up for a wet if you fancy it.

Look forward to reading your stuff and possibly meeting up for a dive some time.

Dive safe and welcome again.

·
That's Dude with an E
12,959 Posts
Imported post

Hi & welcome Solentdiver.

Can you come out to play midweek? if so look out for my posts in the planned trips section.
Diving mainly East/West Sussex.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Imported post

OK, Thanks Bren, and 'Dude for the responses;
Yes, possibly able to do some midweek dives - always open to the idea..!
Will look out for posts that are relevant;  where do you usually go out from / to...?  Have used DiveEclipse out of Selsey, and Meridian Express out of Pompey  - also, Wittering Divers..  But usually end up down Portland or Swanage..!

Solent

·
DUE CEO, Booking agent, Coffee maker & Dogsbody...
10,161 Posts
Imported post

Hi mate

Know what you mean about diving in a puddle when you live on the coast. Just cant imagine not living an easy walk from the beach.

Regards

Paul

·
old time
6,658 Posts
Imported post

<font color='#0000FF'>Hi Sol

Nice to see another southerner here, be calling this EX YD's forum soon ,,,,,,,, just seent he poll, we are only 4% on them now.

I'll be working down your way soon , so if u wanna meet up for a SHANDY,,or a northerner's Nogin i'll let ya know when i'm there

Andy

·
old time
6,658 Posts
Imported post

<font color='#0000FF'>Hi Sol

Nice to see another southerner here, be calling this EX YD's forum soon ,,,,,,,, just seent he poll, we are only 4% on them now.

I'll be working down your way soon , so if u wanna meet up for a SHANDY,,or a northerner's Nogin i'll let ya know when i'm there

Andy

·
C-in-C the Amphibious Contingent
1,421 Posts
Imported post

Blimey, all these newbies!  Another one!  The more the merrier, welcome and dive safely.  

1 - 8 of 8 Posts