YD Scuba Diving Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, I'm told I should introduce myself here so here goes..

I'm David, from the University of Bristol Underwater Club (est. 1960!) currently a Sports Diver and just attended an IFC. Started learning to dive about a year ago with UBUC in order to assist on some research diving on the Great Barrier Reef this summer as part of my PhD but have enjoyed everything about UK diving. Also in the last year I've done the BSAC boat handling course run within the club and various first aid, O2 things as well as joining the club's committee. It's been an incredible first year and I'm looking forward to a great many more in our chilly, wavey waters. Currently (gradually) putting together my first setup, so if you know anyone with a single tank wing system going spare I wouldn't mind hearing from them!

Cheers!
David

·
Registered
212 Posts
Welcome and enjoy the big YD. Sounds like you have got a good start to your diving now its got you be the b*lls you everything else is just playing.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi David,

I hope you don't regard this as a hijack, but as I'm from Bristol I thought I'd post a hello here too :)

I'm pretty newly qualified - have completed my PADI AOW and have at this point just around 20 dives under my (weight) belt.

Currently looking to join a dive club and to meet people who might be looking for buddies in the local area for dives that might suit someone of my currently quite limited experience.

Even though I'm going away a couple of times to dive in warmer waters in the next few months, I've most definitely got the bug for UK diving and really want to do as much as I can.

All the best,

Chris.

·
Registered
129 Posts
Hi Chris

You're more than welcome to come along to Clifton Sub-Aqua Club and say hi! We meet on Wednesdays at 9.30pm ish downstairs at the Grain Barge on Hotwells Road. Clifton Sub-Aqua Club PM me for details (not next week as I'm in Egypy hurrah!) or just come down and say hi. Hope to see you soon :) Kirsty

1 - 18 of 18 Posts