YD Scuba Diving Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Imported post

Just a diver greeting from denmark.
  I live in Copenhagen but i like diving in a wetsuit so in the winter i use my vacation to go somewhere hot and dive there, in the summer i dive here in Denmark. The type of diving i do is above 30 meters, i actually like the first 6 meters the best as it is here i see the most fish.
Learned to dive in 88 in Cairns on a roadtrip around Australia.
Went home to denmark and was disgusted/scared at the visibility afforded here so i stopped diving except on vacations in hot climates. Last year, after having lived on a farm by the ocean for 12 years found myself wanting to dive again and bought a set of gear. Signed up for a advanced open Water course to get a proper intro to low viz diving, navigation and the skills generally needed to dive here. Found a ida-71 and bought it after reading Diver Daves pages. going to add some form of oxygen monitoring and use it for fun after i get some kind of rebreather and nitrox training.

·
Registered
12,240 Posts
Imported post

Welcome Spetz,

Be glad to have some of your Dive Trip Reports from diving in Denmark, as it's somewhere I've never dived and it sounds interesting.

Are there any decent WW2 wrecks to be dived?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Imported post

There are, i think, 3 subs with pressure chambers filled with Concrete and welded up to prevent access at a depth of 40 to 50 meters i think. i'm not sure about other types of wrecks
but   http://uvguide.dk/  is a page with locations and data of wrecks in danish waters, unfurtunately it is in danish(sorry).

Most wrecks that are accessible have, unfurtunately, been plundered.

·
C-in-C the Amphibious Contingent
1,421 Posts
Imported post

Hello and welcome!  Look forward to reading you on the boards, dive safely.  Ribbet.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts