YD Scuba Diving Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,469 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Imported post

<font color='#810541'>Just back from Dive. Wasn't too bad, vis was about 10m and went down 12m.

Not really too much to see but was nice never the less!!!

Was a bit shaken up before I got in though...I set my kit up, checking that everything was hunky dorey, especially checking that nothing was obstructing the O-ring. Opened the valve, checked my air and laied the tank down whild I locked my things away.

When I came back, I went to put the BCD and tank on, but my god was there a bang!!!! Scared the living daylights out of me!!! Then I felt the air.....comming out of the O-ring!!!!

I turned the air off, and checked it, there was an obstruction!!!!

It wasn't there before, because I checked!!!

Now, I'm not poining the finger but I was the only one in a group who was English, everyone else was from another Euopien country (Wont say which one), if I checked it and it was fine before...why wasn't it fine when I came back?!?!?!

x x x

·
Not as tall in real life
4,059 Posts
Imported post

Hi Kate.

What type of obstruction?

It does happen maybe someone decided to recheck your checks,  A bit of a scare none the less but at least it has demonstrated why it is important to recheck or only put your kit together when you will be able to keep an eye on it.

Anyway hope you are having a good time despite the excitement!  The first time I heard a HP hose go bang in a swimming pool (So you can imagine how much it echoed) I almost sh*t myself.  

The second time I did not even look up, I just carried on putting my kit together and thought "Oh well there goes an O ring or hose !"

Daz

·
Registered
1,469 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Imported post

<font color='#810541'>Don't know what it's called, but you know the part of the regs the you secure to the tank has a protective bit, the cord of that was the obstruction, but honestly, I did check and it was clear!!!

Anyway, few more hours left then I'm comming home!!!!!!!

Talk to you all soon

x x x

1 - 4 of 4 Posts