YD Scuba Diving Forums banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
1,322 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Imported post

Hello all,
I am a 29year old diver from Malta. I been qualified since 1995 mainly from CMAS but also hold quailifications from PADI and TDI. Mainly I like wreck diving and to do safer dives I am going the technical route hopefully next summer up to Adv. Trimix. I form a part of Seahorse Club http://www.sportdivingmalta.com/seahorse.html part of Aqua Bubbles Dive School www.aquabubbles.co.uk .

Hope to exchange toughts with you and learn something.

Regards

Pierre Farrugia

·
Registered
12,240 Posts
Imported post

Hi Pierre,

Glad you managed to make it over to YD!!

You are of course very welcome (we have some of your countrymen on here already, eh, Falcon??) so you should feel right at home.

We've got some serious Techie Instructors on here mate (Andy Hayhurst is our own Tech Moderator) so please feel free to ask any questions, regardless of what they might be. That said, please feel free to offer advice where you think you can help - it'll be much appreciated.

If you're going down the Trimix route, then you'll get a lot out of the Tek Forum.

Look forward to reading your postings on Maltese dive sites and recommendations of where to dive and where not to dive on your island. Ditto which wrecks are worth a look.

Welcome again mate.

·
C-in-C the Amphibious Contingent
1,421 Posts
Imported post

Welcome Pierre, they even allow frogs on here!!  Ribbet.  Looking forward to reading you on the boards, dive safely.  :froggy:

·
Snap Happy
2,802 Posts
Imported post

Hi Pierre, welcom aboard.

With all that knowledge you'll be able to help some of us newbies with our questions.

Look forward to your contributions mate.

Cheers,

Tim

(Edited by Timing at 9:19 am on Nov. 21, 2002)

·
Registered
288 Posts
Imported post

Hi Pierre,
Welcome to the boards - hope to be in Malta sometime soon ! Highly recommended. Hope to read your posts and maybe meet with you
John

·
Registered
59 Posts
Imported post

Merba Pierre

Welcome to Yorkshire Divers - glad to see the flag flying - I'm from Valletta myself but have lived in northern England since I was 11. Dad in Royal Navy and all that!

Hope to meet up soon - back in Malta in Feb/March

Ciao

·
Gone...and probably best forgotten
1,403 Posts
Imported post

hi pierre, as has been said, welcome on the board.

·
Registered
288 Posts
Imported post

Hi Pierre,
Can you help??!!
I want to go to Malta to run/dive in February. Malta marathon is 23rd Feb, so I'm thinking of flying from Manchester on 20th, have 2/3 days rest after run and then do a dive package (10 dives over 5 days).
Prices I've got so far are £156 for return flight, £131 for 10 dive package (boat dives) with Strand Diving out of St Pauls Bay (incl tanks and weight hire). Do you think this is reasonable and what do you think 2 weeks accom should cost at that time (Half Board or All Incl.) if booked direct?
Would welcome any advice you may have.
Cheers
John

·
Registered
59 Posts
Imported post

John / Pierre

Perhaps we can make a trip of it? I have details of Meldives and Maltaqua in the North of the Island also. Timing is right for me - ANYBODY ELSE?

·
Registered
1,322 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Imported post

Hello all,
John have you got any prices from Strand about accomodation?
Maltaaqua is an other very good dive school, but here in Malta I prefer Strand, because is much cheaper (locally I don't know with tourists)and also this is from where I get gas. It's TDI Malta HQ, of which I hope to do Trimix next summer. Instructers there are very friendly such as Dennis and it's owner Lawrence who is a very good inst, with Trimix and Rebreather. When things are finilised I can tell you where are best wrecks and dive sites.

Regards

Pierre

·
Registered
288 Posts
Imported post

Hi Pierre,
many thanks for your posts and e-mail - I am now on a mission contacting every operator in the world who goes anywhere near Malta!
I might just try teletext and see if they have any cheap all inclusives going at that time.

Falcon!!

Hi Chris - I was going to mail you to get your ideas - but if you're up for a trip well why not??

I was going to say "up for it" but I didn't want to get Tim all excited again!!

lets see if we cant get a few bods interested - are you listening 'roo??

Cheers
John

·
235 Posts
Imported post

Welcome Pierre,
I have been diving Malta for past 12 years and just returned from another 7 weeks out there.   No so many dives this time as I wrecked my knee jumping over a low wall at Migra Ferha which turned out to be a bloody big wall on the other side!!!   I always base myself at Strand and my semi-dry lives there permanently.   You may be the same Pierre who has recently been doing survey work with Lawrence.   We may have bumped into each other out there in the past - I am the old guy permanently dressed in shorts :)
I am back with non diving wife flying from Manchester 21st February for another 8 weeks so John and Falcon would be happy to dive with you.   SEE Trips Forum.

·
235 Posts
Imported post

Likewise would be pleased to meet you and indeed we may already have done so whilst picking up the cylinders on Sunday morning when he is just open for an hour.   #### of a lot beter mow than when the shop was in the cave under Gilleru restaurant.   Give them all my regards when you next see them.

·
Registered
1,322 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Imported post

Hello Again Eric,
As I live in the South part of Malta, which is a lot of miles away from Strand,LOL , more precicly from Zabbar, I hire my cylinders from Aquabubbles Diving School (cancio which is also on this forum as Makku) Most likly we can met here while going to dive Blhenim Bomber (he's the one who found it or that's what he says hehe)
Actually I never went at Gilliru as I started to go to Strand due to tech diving. Altough lately at our club we are promoting Nitrox as well.
Have you ever did Blhenim ??

1 - 20 of 26 Posts