YD Scuba Diving Forums banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We are a family run dive shop in Blenheim, New Zealand. We heard about this website on one of our recent trips. We want to hear from anyone who is coming to New Zealand and wants to dive the biggest and best wreck in our waters The Mikhail Lermontov. We are passionate about this wreck and would like to see more people enjoy what I have been enjoying for over 20 years.Looking forward to hearing from you. Blenheim Dive Centre - Dive Trips, supplies and training

·
Registered
4,456 Posts
Hi & Welcome to YD, I will get to NZ one day, the poor knights have been on my list since before I actually learned to dive!

Have fun, dive safe.

Davie.

·
Registered
1,755 Posts
Hi Kevin,

How are you and Bryan? I dived the Lermantov with you December 05 and had a great time. Would love to come back for more.

Mary

·
Registered
2,928 Posts
Hi and welcome to YD:)
Superb diving in NZ, loved it
I just need to come back with my camera this time!

·
Creature of the night
14,183 Posts
Hi Kevin,

A warm welcome to YD, I hope you enjoy the boards.

Safe diving,
Steve

·
Registered
1,755 Posts
Trimix must be almost impossible.
Unless something has changed recently there was only one commercial trimix blender in the country Pete Mesley Dive T.E.C. main home page who is a guy who I'm putting money on could out talk Digger. I think he had a mixing panel at the Dive HQ in Greenlane Auckland. Not sure if it's still there though. Basically all RB divers in the country have Js of O2 and helium in thier garages. It is possible to get hold of but a tad difficult!

To give you an idea Dive Tutukaka (who are biggest outift by a long margin in NZ up at Poor Knights) have only had a membrane system installed in the last couple of months.

·
Small, yet perfectly formed...
3,299 Posts
I am planning a trip next february... Can't wait!

·
rEvolutionary Diving
4,542 Posts
To give you an idea Dive Tutukaka (who are biggest outift by a long margin in NZ up at Poor Knights) have only had a membrane system installed in the last couple of months.
Installed? they told me that they were thinking about getting a Nitrox system. Several millions in boats and kit but only thinking of getting Nitrox.

I dived with them Three weeks ago and they had to import ready filled cylinders for me.

Very nice people though.

·
Registered
1,755 Posts
I was last there in October for 3 weeks, when I was leaving they told me it was due to be installed soon.... I think the Dive HQ in Whangarei does nitrox so maybe that is where they sourced it.

·
00.00 hrs
905 Posts
AAAAAARGH!!!!!!! BUGGER!!!!

I was there in February and was looking and looking for a dive centre (anywhere on the south island). When I put the question out there only one reply came back from..... "the only rebreather diver on the south island"... who was desperate to dive with another YBOD jockey.

I was willing to go OC for a couple of days and the water looked fantastic but I could not find anywhere.

So my question is "where were you when I was crying and stamping my feet on the ground?"!!!

Seriously, welcome to the boards and I hope you get some takers who will get home, "post" and tell me what it is like under-down-under, so I can prepare for my next visit (next-but-one world cup, I hope!!)

Regards
Midnight

·
Registered
3,407 Posts
My family booked to dive the Lermentov with you back in December '99 but unfortunately were beaten a strong Nor' Westerly. However, my wife and I are hoping to be through that way again later in the year so we'll look you up in the hope that it is second time lucky.

·
Usually Wrong
204 Posts
Howdie from another ZN'er

Hey there, I'm another NZ'er from up in Wellington. Welcome aboard!

1 - 20 of 24 Posts