YD Scuba Diving Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,Sophie here, I am currently in North Sulawesi starting to begin my business and build a little dive resort! Exciting and very terrifying. I'm a PADI MSDT and have lived and work in the UK, Malaysia, Thailand, Vietnam and Fiji as well as Indonesia and now along with my husband am building four wooden bungalows, a little dive centre and beachfront restaurant and bar. Would like to post news of how we're getting on but don't want to violate any advertising regulations!Nice to meet you,Sophie

·
Spider Crabs can just f*ck off
16,005 Posts
duplicate!

·
16,005 Posts
Hello Sophie!

Where in North Sulawesi are you? Me and my hubby (Turbanator on here) have been out your way for the past 5 years, to Lembeh and Bunaken. We love the diving out there, but sadly finances won't allow a trip in 2013 :(

Welcome to YD :)

·
Finless: You couldn't invent him...
23,946 Posts
Hi, welcome to YD.
:)

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Hi Kirstie!
We are on Bangka Island, it's in between Bunaken and Lembeh so we hope to offer day trips to both! Lovely diving and it's much quieter - less resorts out here.
Sophie

·
16,005 Posts
Hi Kirstie!
We are on Bangka Island, it's in between Bunaken and Lembeh so we hope to offer day trips to both! Lovely diving and it's much quieter - less resorts out here.
Sophie
I know Bangka Island - we did some diving around there on one of our trips. Good luck with your new resort and maybe we'll be out to stay with you one day (when we've saved up :)).

·
Silent
504 Posts
Welcome to YD

I loved my travels in Indonesia, to my regret I never took the opportunity to dive there but some day I will.
Best of luck with the business.

·
This is my happy face!!
2,640 Posts
Hi, i seem to remember diving a closed dive resort at night that had a long pier (I was on a liveaboard from Bunaken). I'll have to dig the logs out, but it sound familiar.

Anyway, welcome.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts