YD Scuba Diving Forums banner

Hello from Nottingham!

831 views 8 replies 6 participants last post by  Mary 
#1 ·
Imported post

I read a post with a link to yorkshire divers saying you'd gone national and thought I'd drop by.
I guess I'd better say a little about myself. I moved to Notts just under 2 years ago from Blackburn. Before anyone complains about me being Lancashire, I spend 15 years of my childhood growing up in Huddersfield so I do have a yorkshire accent  

Last September I was invited to do a try dive by a woman I work with and that was it, hooked. Qualified BSAC Ocean diver in January and will (bar incident) do my last qualifying dive for Sports Diver tomorrow (19/7/03). I've done 26 open water dives, but will be increasing that a little in Aug when I'm off to the Farnes and St.Abbs.
I'll not say any more as I wouldn't want your boss catching you asleep at work  

Catch you later and dive safe!

See less See more
#2 ·
Imported post

Hi There,

Welcome to YD - ALL welcome, regardless of place of residence or domicile! I'm in Manchester, so no worries.

If you're looking for a dive or new buddies, please just read the Planned Trips and Need a Buddy sections and then get in amongst it. Both the Farnes and St Abbs are both regular and firm favourites with us, so feel free to get yourself on one of the listed trips o r, better still, recommend a trip and get a team up, you're sure to get takers off here, there's very nearly 1,000 of us YD'ers now!

See on the boards and maybe in the wet.

#3 ·
Imported post

gone national...? try intercontinental  
 got folk from USA & NZ who post on here, as well as regular postings from several parts of continental Europe.

An divvent wurry aboot y'yorkshire axsent man, w'can soon lorn y'hoo to taak propa like w'dee in 'The Toon'

Chee-az
Steve

#4 ·
Imported post

<font color='#000080'>Hi there,
your past linage
counts for nought you are a midlander now so walk tall

Safe diving,
Steve.

#6 ·
Imported post

[b said:
Quote[/b] (nigel @ July 22 2003,16:07)]How tall do we have to walk then Steve?
<font color='#000080'>Ey up Mate,
it depends on which leg I stand on

#8 ·
Imported post

<font color='#000080'>Couldn't go mate got a bad ear infection
so ended up on antibiotics and feeling very sorry for myself.

TTFN,
Steve.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.