YD Scuba Diving Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all!

I'm new here so I'll start now to absorb all the information available and (I hope...) contribute whenever possible!

U/w salutations,
Cláudio M.

·
Registered
5,966 Posts
Bem Vindo!

Welcome to YD, there is a wealth of information here from all over the world. From Portugal I think you are the 3rd one, I live in V.N Cerveira, a recent adition from someone in Porto and yourself.

I was just in Penafiel last Saturday for a dog show. Where do you do most of your diving?

·
Creature of the night
14,183 Posts
Hi Cláudio,

a warm welcome to YD

Safe diving,
Steve

·
Registered
5,966 Posts
I usually dive around O'Grove (Galiza, Spain).As an instructor for EMN (escolademergulhodonorte.online.pt) I tend to go there a lot (we can find good "sea conditions" for final class/first dives there).
I'm also a founding member of "Entrada" (ENTRADA - DIR em Portugal) and I dive with the team whenever possible.

Do you usually dive in Portugal?

U/w salutations,
Cláudio
Hi Claudio
I do most of my diving off Cies Islands in Vigo Bay with Buceo Islas cies. However after some hundred or so dives there I wil start using the dive center at Bahia hotel. I went there two weeks ago and spoke to Santiago and will buy a pack of 12 dives. It's a pity he doesn't do nitrox.

I don't do much diving off continental Portugal. I got 'stung' by the GNR police for not having the darn beaurocratic documents of the cylinder & regs. Very nearly lost my equipment, this was off Esposende. Still I need to dive the U1277 off Leixões. Tried it once with viz of 20 -cm!! Otherwise I do dive off the Azores every year off São Miguel.
Most meet up sometime, maybe at the Grove.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts