YD Scuba Diving Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
A Big Member
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Imported post

Hello to all Board Members

My  name is Paul and I’ve recently moved to Sheffield from Essex (…………waiting for essex jokes to come flying my way) Started diving about 13 years though have only recently taken it up again after a few years off to concentrate on climbing (hence the move to Sheffield). I originally qualified with the SAA but a few years ago did my AOW whilst in Oz, 99% of my diving has been in the Uk, mainly Kent coast.
I am looking to do my Nitrox and Advanced Nitrox courses next year, I cannot decide on TDI or IANTD so would appreciate feedback from any members who have done one or t’other.

Look forward to chatting & meeting you all

Paul  

·
C-in-C the Amphibious Contingent
1,421 Posts
Imported post

Good to have you with us Arty.  Look forward to reading you on the boards.  Take care, dive safely.  Ribbet.  :froggy:

·
Registered
1,121 Posts
Imported post

Hi Paul, glad you made it onto the boards.

As for the nitrox and advanced - there is a group of us doing the TDI courses in two weeks (on Saturday) with Andy Hayhurst (Dalesdiver - moderator here and top instructor) - he can give you the low down on the different courses as he is a TDI AND IANTD Instructor (I believe?)

Either email mailto:[email protected] or call him on 07702 819381.

For a trainees view of the TDI courses, check back here later as I'm sure one of us will post a report....

(Edited by Driftwood at 2:52 pm on Oct. 31, 2002)

·
Snap Happy
2,802 Posts
Imported post

Hi Paul,

welcome aboard.  

Til recently I was going to do Nitrox next year but couldn't resist the opportunity to do it with the YD'ers next weekend.  Why not give Andy a call to see if there'e space?

Frog,  just saw the following headline on the BBC news tickers scrolling across the screen - "Sex change chemical threatens Frogs" - guess you'd better be careful where you dive in future!

·
A Big Member
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Imported post

Would love to but Girlfriend/Bank Manager/Dive Show spending say wait until next year!

·
Registered
1,121 Posts
Imported post

Speak to Andy - you never know how reasonable the fella is until you ask him.....

The bank manager can be stalled and you can tell the gf it's an investment into your future together.... And means you can get 100% O2 (Advanced) which is a stonking hang-over cure by all accounts

(Edited by Driftwood at 3:58 pm on Oct. 31, 2002)

·
A Big Member
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Imported post

Thanks for the welcomes, is there anybody here who is in Sheffield?

·
Registered
3,914 Posts
Imported post

Wilkommen, bienvenue etc...
good to have another one on board, I think you'll find this is the friendliest forum around, "What's all this shouting? this is a local forum, we'll have no trouble heeeerrrree!"

Haven't noticed any other Sheffiled folk on board but as the memberbase spans from UK to NZ to Malta and The Canaries, think that still makes you "local".
Cheers
Steve

·
Registered
202 Posts
Imported post

Hello mate,

Nice to see another Paul on the board, hope to catch up in the water sometime !

Dive safe
Paul

1 - 14 of 14 Posts