YD Scuba Diving Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Underwater no-one can eat ice cream
117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Imported post

Howdy all.  I'm a PADI AOW, did the AOW out in Turkey last year, and did my OW here in Lancashire at Eccy Delph.  I've read the recent posts on the place, it's getting better, they've just installed a new filter system, local reports are that the viz is improving, you can almost see daylight from down below.  I'm just in the process of getting a full set of kit together, I have everything except tank (Hmm think I need this) and also a semi-dry / dry suit that fits me!  But if anyone is looking to go to the Delph or upto Capenwray and needs a buddy I'm looking to get my hours up.  Also hoping to attend some of the trips this year.  Chrz DaveS

·
Small, yet perfectly formed...
3,299 Posts
Imported post

mmmm eccy delph.... welcome aboard Dave, plenty of peeps here to go diving with so get stuck in and enjoy. lots of helpful friendly advice avaialble from a really friendly crowd,
dive safe
Jules:D

·
Registered
377 Posts
Imported post

<font color='#728FCE'>Hi Smudge

Welcome to YD, home of divers that.................................!

Read some of the threads and you can add your own words. You can be to far from N.Diver, maybe try them for a drysuit.

Hope to see you around, safe underwater enjoyment

Chris

·
To dive or not to dive - that's not even an option
2,998 Posts
Imported post

Hi Dave

I can't believe you learned in the Delph and still dive!

I have been patiently watching it for almost two years and it still hasn't tempted me in to its murky "depths"? maybe not.

Keep it up young man, your close by, so I am sure our paths will cross this year.

James  

·
Registered
12,240 Posts
Imported post

Hey Dave,

glad you made it over! Welcome to YD. Have a butcher's in the Planned Trips section and get yourself on dive with us, or plan one yourself and post the details for buddies to join you.

Cheers,

·
To dive or not to dive - that's not even an option
2,998 Posts
Imported post

Ohh God, put it away!

You have loaded a seriously offensive avatar, that shirt bettor not come diving with you or I'm trading in my mask for a welders one.

James  

·
Underwater no-one can eat ice cream
117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Imported post

[b said:
Quote[/b] (narkedat50 @ Mar. 02 2004,19:37)]Ohh God, put it away!

You have loaded a seriously offensive avatar, that shirt bettor not come diving with you or I'm trading in my mask for a welders one.

James  
<font color='#0000FF'>Oh, that's actually one of my more sedate shirts?  That shirt has many tales to tell, hopefully after a few more dives it might have some more to tell.........

·
Registered
2,343 Posts
Imported post

[b said:
Quote[/b] (psmudge @ Mar. 03 2004,09:43)]That shirt has many tales to tell, hopefully after a few more dives it might have some more to tell.........
Ye Gods! Do you wear it when diving so your buddy doesn't loose you in poor vis?  

Welcome aboard.. actually, I can't comment on loud shirts... I have some truly evil ones too!  

·
Not as tall in real life
4,059 Posts
Imported post

Hi Dave and welcome to YD.

Need a cylinder?  Try putting a message on personal ad's, you never know someone on YD might have one knocking around for the right price.

Daz

·
Registered
1,099 Posts
Imported post

psmudge,
Living at Appley Bridge you must be on the doorstep for NDiver? I think theres quite a few Lancastrians on YD now, myself included in Blackburn. You'll find plenty of dive buddies on here to help clock up the underwater hours

1 - 12 of 12 Posts