YD Scuba Diving Forums banner

Hello from Windermere

2K views 15 replies 9 participants last post by  Phil Ennis 
#1 ·
Imported post

Hello to everyone, I just thought I would take this opportunity to do a quick introduction. I am a PADI Instructor and work part time at a well known Lancashire quarry that people love to slag off but keep going back to on a regular basis, ( just a little dig there).
I enjoy all aspects of diving particularly the instructing side. However my plan is to move into the advanced nitrox and twinset route for my own diving when the bank balance will allow.
Great site and I look forward to getting involved in a variety of the discussions I have briefly glanced through.

#3 ·
Imported post

Now then Phil

Welcome to YD mate, and you're right your place does get slagged off but we keep coming back, although its probably cos theres nowhere else within striking distance

I think we'll probably be seeing you very soon...

psssst, now you're one of us do we get discount at the gate?? ;)

#4 ·
Imported post

Welcome aboard - look forward to your future postings. With regards to the advanced nitrox & twins, hook up with Andy Hayhurst in Sedburgh - not a million miles away from you and one of the best TDI instructors in the UK. We all did an advanced nitrox gig there a couple of weeks ago and he was an absolute star!

Dales Divers Website

#5 ·
Imported post

Hey Phil,

Glad to see you here mate and welcome! Consider yourself invited on any and all of the Troop Gigs - and I'm just going the twins route miself at the moment, so look forward to hooking up!

Cheers,

#7 ·
Imported post

Hey Drifty,

Thanks anyway, but I've already got three single 12L's good to go - so I'm just getting them banded-up and the wing off Dales.

Cheers,
Bren.

#9 ·
Imported post

Thanks all, you seem like a friendly bunch. Probably seen your faces at that Lancashire quarry. Seem to be a few twinned and twinning amongst you. Bren, you say you are getting a wing from Dales, are you going the Halcyon route?  I have met Andy Hayhurst a couple of times and he is a good bloke, not sure about the hair style I saw you sporting the other night though, a bit rad dude.

#10 ·
Imported post

Hey Phil,

Yep, going Halcyon wing, MDE manni and OMS bands. And yes, getting it all from Dales. Outstandingly good prices I might add too boot!

Vis-a-vis the hair-do, did you mean Andy or me?? Andy's new one has seen him coined 'Eminem' to the strains of "Would the real DalesDiver please stand up, please stand up...." etc. much to his chagrin ;)

So where do you know Andy from?? Dived with him?? The Cape??  Either way, looking forward to hooking up with ya and doing some wet work.

#11 ·
Imported post

Hi Bren, I know Andy through Adam a mate of his, who is my dive mentor and very into the Halcyon DIR thing.  Adam is an IANTD instrutcor and so that will probably be the way I go when I get the brass together which will probably be about the time the water gets warmer, just a coincidence you understand!!!!!

#12 ·
Imported post

Hi Phil,
Welcome to the boards - I have to say I rate your place - without it a lot of inland based divers around here wouldn't get wet very often!! All about supply and demand !!
As another member said - sort out a discount for us!!!
See you soon mate!
Cheers
John

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.