YD Scuba Diving Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Imported post

Hi everyone.

Just been searching for info on the Farnes and St Abbs and came across this webby so i joined.  

How olds this site by the way, never came across it before!

Better introduce myself then.  I live in Beverley at the moment, near Hull in East Yorkshire.  Will be going back to Hull uni again this Sep to study for a MRes in marine biology which im looking forward to. Been diving for a few years but dont have many dives unfortuanately (about 30 or so).  I learned to dive at capernwray with a PADI shop nearby and even though it was about 2 degrees water temp i loved it.  

I also enjoy freediving when i get the chance to do it, but try to train several days a week if possible. Anyone else freedive?

Im looking to goto either St Abbs or the Farne Isles in a few weeks time and will be taking a couple of fellow biologists along (a lecturer and a friend from germany who would both like to do the dives but have never experienced the N sea). since iv never been to either of these two places i was hoping someone could give some advice on the pros and cons of each!?

Thankyou in advance for any advice in advance! :)

·
Registered
12,240 Posts
Imported post

Hey Frogz,

You are indeed welcome to YD. Get in amongst it and enjoy.

In fact, if you're up for it, we're looking for divers to fill a boat we're trying to confirm at the moment for this Weekend (Sunday, 20th July) to the Farnes! Fancy a dip?? Have a look at the 'Planned Trips' section and put your name down, but please read the whole thread first.

Cheers,

·
Finless: You couldn't invent him...
23,946 Posts
Imported post

[b said:
Quote[/b] (frogz @ July 15 2003,13:19)]I also enjoy freediving when i get the chance to do it.
Sorry to pick you up on something when you have only just joined the forum, but, the words FREE and DIVING don't go together at all. In my experience it has always been bloody expensive.

Welcome from one of the Southern Softies - if you get a chance, there are some marvellous diving to be had in the Channel off Sussex - unfortunately the viz can be a bit iffy (apparently it gets better the further you go away from this bit of the sea - no matter in what direction !!!

·
old time
6,658 Posts
Imported post

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Finless @ July 15 2003,15:18)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (frogz @ July 15 2003,13:19)]I also enjoy freediving when i get the chance to do it.
Sorry to pick you up on something when you have only just joined the forum, but, the words FREE and DIVING don't go together at all. In my experience it has always been bloody expensive.

Welcome from one of the Southern Softies - if you get a chance, there are some marvellous diving to be had in the Channel off Sussex - unfortunately the viz can be a bit iffy (apparently it gets better the further you go away from this bit of the sea - no matter in what direction !!!
Quote (frogz @ July 15 2003,13:19)
I also enjoy freediving when i get the chance to do it.

Hey all my diving is free, in fact each time i go for a dip i get paid for it as well,,,,

Welcome to the boards , have fun and enjoy ,
Don't be afraid to ask any question .,however silly it is

Andy

·
Finless: You couldn't invent him...
23,946 Posts
Imported post

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Andy the Commie 2 @ July 15 2003,15:28)]Hey all my diving is free, in fact each time i go for a dip i get paid for it as well,,,,
You complete and utter lucky ......

·
T.L.S. More dives than posts
688 Posts
Imported post

I'm doing some shore dives at Abbs on Tues (22 July)with some of my local club members (Teesside 43 BSAC)If it fits in with your schedule get in touch and we'll have a splash together.

·
C-in-C the Amphibious Contingent
1,421 Posts
Imported post

Hi Frogz, welcome.  Ha, the frogs are taking over.  Oi, Evil.  Be afraid.  Be very afraid.  Ribbet!!  
Dive safely.

·
Small, yet perfectly formed...
3,299 Posts
Imported post

welcome aboard Frogz, hope to go for a splash with you sometime

jules:D

·
Registered
58 Posts
Imported post

I like free diving but not many sites let you do it, most people charge for something. Even air is now a comodity in diving world and at 3 quid a fill , maybe free diving be the only way to dive soon. Just like betamax and Vhs whoever attracts most intrest corners the market

1 - 9 of 9 Posts